|Job Ref:||00016111||Employer:||Oxy||Industry:||Environmental||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Midland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Environmental Remediation Coordinator within our Permian Delaware group based in Midland, TX.|
This position is responsible for overseeing the remediation of spills, the downsizing of pad areas and any required reclamation activities in New Mexico and Texas operation for the resources business unit. This includes the preparation of budgets for remedial activities, the oversight of contractor personnel conducting the work activities, and the filing of necessary agency documentation.
1. Serves as the subject authority for remediation activities across the Permian Basin operations.
2. Ensures that all remedial activities are identified, activities and budgets are developed, spending is monitored and supervision of work is maintained.
3. Coordinates remediation contractor crews.
4. Develops necessary documentation for agency reporting and contractor management.
5. Conducts routine communication with the Environmental Lead to ensure that projects remain on budget and schedule. *LI-YN1
- Minimum High school diploma preferably college technical degree
- Required knowledge of remediation rules for Texas and New Mexico
- Project Management Skills
- HES Risk Management for Oil and Gas Operations
- Strong knowledge of contractor management
- Strong computer skills
- Strong spoken and written English
- 3 years in Oilfield Remediation
- 3 years experience in oil and gas or chemical production industry
Competencies & Skills:
- Integrity and trust qualities
- Ethic and values qualities
- Ability to recognize customer base and skills in seeking out requirements of customer and fulfilling those requirements with limited supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Skills for determining project needs and steps needed for timely delivery with little supervision
- Effective time management for completion of work load activities
- Rapid learning skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills with little or no supervision
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of industry business principles, drivers, objectives, strategies, and economic impacts of technical decisions
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status