|Job Ref:||204700548||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hounslow||Address:||Post Code:||TW3||Salary:||£14/hour Company Van & Fuel Card||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:15|
Job Title: Domestic Gas Operative|
Locations: Positions in various London boroughs and roles based in Wrexham (North Wales)
Reports To: Contract Supervisor
Hourly Rate: Â£14.00
Benefits: Company Van & Fuel Card, Guaranteed Hours Scheme 1 (aver 40hrs per week), Company Pension, PDA, Uniform, 28 days leave (inc of Bank Holidays), access to the T Brown Group Lifestyle Benefits Portal
As part of a heating maintenance team the post holder will be expected to provide a comprehensive repairs and maintenance service to domestic heating installations and appliances in client properties. You will be able to analyse, fault find and carry out repairs and services in a professional manner and to a high standard in compliance with and in accordance with current regulation / legislation.
NATURE & SCOPE:
T Brown Group is a property maintenance, installation, organisation, which specialises in servicing of gas central heating and hot water services to private, commercial landlords and industrial property owners of all kind.
The responsibilities that the role carries include but are not limited to the below;
- To service, repair, maintain and install gas appliances in client owned properties, in accordance with manufacturerâs instruction and guidance.
- Be competent in fault diagnosis and repair of modern and traditional boilers and be able to carry out repairs to central heating systems, including fitting new pumps, motorised valves, radiators and adapting pipework as necessary.
- Power Flushing of heating systems
- Ensure the security and correct operation of plant and equipment supplied, to include vehicles, flue gas analysis meters and mobile data equipment i.e. PDAâs.
- Ensure all certification and documentation is completed accurately and in accordance with Data Protection and Information Security regulations.
- Regular monitoring of first time fix and call back rates will be in place to ensure standards and service levels are maintained.
- Have a high level of literacy and numeracy to enable the various calculations associated with gas works to be completed along with the dissemination and relation of manufacturerâs instructions
- Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis, and the ability to stay focused and have the mental concentration to follow a problem through to a satisfactory outcome.
- Have a sound knowledge of Customer Care and possess the ability to deal with potentially angry or upset people and be able to cope with the emotional demands dealing with such situations could cause.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team and independently showing initiative dealing with situations and completing tasks.
- To effectively communicate with customers to explain the correct operation of gas appliances and the importance of regularly servicing gas appliances
- Ability to work to deadlines and timescales and liaise with managers and customers regarding changes to schedules or appointments
- Be willing and able to work with and train apprentices or other personnel as required.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Contract Supervisor/Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
ACS qualifications - minimum of CCN1, CEN1, WAT1, (CENWAT), CKR1, HTR1 & CPA1 -Essential
Energy Efficiency -Essential
DAH1, Unvented Hot Water, WRAS (water supply regulations 1999) -Desirable
Minimum 5 years of experience -Essential
Previous experience in diagnosing faults on domestic gas central heating systems. -Essential
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
Full driving licence -Essential
Excellent communication skills -Essential
Able to work alone and within a team -Essential
Keeping up to date technically and applying new knowledge to your role -Desirable