|Job Ref:||204699867||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London and Home Counties||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:15|
Our client seeks a field service engineer, with some experience of air compressors.|
A key player in this industry, and you would be employed to contribute to the profitability of the company's business by providing professional and efficient service of Construction & Mining Equipment.
1. To promptly carry out servicing and maintenance on customer
2. To effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on customer equipment, field and workshop based.
3. To carry out PDI and commissioning of new equipment.
4. To identify required parts to effect repairs.
5. To complete jobsheets correctly and return in a timely manner.
6. If required, to plan and organise daily and weekly visit schedules.
7. To be aware of, and apply, Health and Safety regulations in the workshop and on site.
8. To apply good standards of engineering practice at all times.
9. To maintain test instruments, to ensure they remain in good condition.
10. To effectively promote the Company's company image.
11. To perform related duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Experience of servicing construction equipment (including road construction and hydraulic attachments)
• Good standard of knowledge of the construction industry
• Self motivated
• Able to work individually and as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Lives within geographical area
• Currently working within the area of servicing construction equipment
• PC literate
• Clean driving licence
The business objectives are to focus consistently on the customer in all areas of activity - including product development. The company is committed to the professional development of all employees, and strives to provide every possible opportunity to enhance their competence. This role forms part of a team of Service Engineers covering the country working on our complete range of geotechnical, surface and underground hard rock drilling equipment.
(education, qualification) National certificate in mechanical engineering Apprentice trained
Knowledge of compressor systems
(Knowledge, experience & background) Product & service knowledge of all general construction equipment including road construction
(any special demands of the job, such as ability to work unsocial hours, travel abroad, etc)
Field based site fitter
Must be prepared to work outside
Must be prepared to travel overseas for product training
Occasional night shifts and weekend work