|Job Ref:||204700021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Livingston||Address:||Post Code:||EH54||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:02|
Location - Livingston, EH54 8RA
ENERCON is one of the markets leader`s in the wind energy industry. Represented in 36 countries, we provide the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
As an Electrical Technician, you will be travelling around our UK sites installing components, reporting, maintaining and fault finding on our ENERCON turbines. You will be climbing the wind turbines on a daily basis; must be good with heights, this is a requirement.
- Carry out the maintenance & repairs on the turbines when instructed
- Installation and retrofitting of key electrical components
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements when and where necessary
- Write a detailed report on the repairs and what was carried out after work is completed
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Assist in mechanical maintenance as and when required
- When and where necessary, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK, Germany and possibly elsewhere in Europe.
Skills and requirements -
- Level 3 electrical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Ideally an Engineering degree or similar
- Ability to fault find and report on electrical issues.
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- Ideally experienced in commercial and/or industrial electrics.
- Experience with maintenance schedules.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Excellent health and fitness levels are essential for this role.
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful individual is required for our teams.
A proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position. Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required.
Please be aware the role will involve periods of time staying away from home
We offer a very competitive basic salary and OTE circa £30,000 - £32,000, a private pension scheme, private healthcare, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling, what more could you wish for in your new career? If you want to become a member of the future, now is the time to apply!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community