|Job Ref:||204700159||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Bromyard||Address:||Post Code:||HR7||Salary:||£35000 - £43000/annum To be discussed at interview||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:15|
Job Overview: Our client is a recognised manufacturer of plastic components for the automotive industry. Due to recent success they are looking to appoint a Feasibility Engineer to join their team. |
The role of this position is to ascertain the feasibility CAD models, printed concepts and / or clay models. The individual must be capable of establishing the most appropriate tooling concepts, manufacturing methods and material selection working with Design Engineers and Technical Sales team. The role extends from these early concept reviews through to full feasibility approval to sign-off. This position will involve involvement with component design, material selection, CAD and tooling concepts.
This position would suit a highly experienced Feasibility / Project Engineer from the injection moulding manufacturing environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a growing company which can offer job security as well as excellent benefits
• Produce tooling concepts from limited base information, e.g.: Clay models, scans and pictures.
• Understand impact of mould and paint constraints on production feasibility.
• Demonstrate a good sound general background
• Develop component/flange/interfaces to allow for assembly of product.
• Understand "A" surface interfaces and joints and potential effects on styling.
• Develop fixing/assembly concepts for complete program.
• Good understanding of use of materials and behaviour of plastics.
• Good understanding of O.E standard tests and solutions to overcome potential issues.
• Can demonstrate a good knowledge of new techniques, SLA, FDM, etc.,
• Ability to read and manipulate CAD data (essential).
• Ability to draw concepts (paper or CAD).
• Contribute to CAD resource and discussions.
• Complete competence of Power Point, Microsoft Project and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in the presence of customers.
• Establish a Tool Matrix for each enquiry and maintain Open
Key Words: "feasibility engineer", "project engineer", "tooling engineer" "concept engineer", "application engineer", "injection moulding" automotive" TS16949",
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
"LawsonKeys Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable