|Job Ref:||204700235||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£38000 - £41000/annum car||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:09|
Our client, Southern Water are looking for a Project Manager to be part of their Capital Delivery programme.|
Flexibility in terms of job location will be required. Although the role will be based at Falmer, regular visits to sites throughout Southern Water's region will be required.
Skills & Experience
* Relevant Project Management (e.g. APM) or Engineering (e.g. HNC, NVQ) qualification
* Proven Project or Contract Management experience in water or utility industry
* Strong ability to deliver against financial targets and timescales
* Highly organised and able to multi-task
* Proven leadership, team building and communication skills
Main Purpose Of Job
Full responsibility for the successful delivery of a programme of schemes or projects within an agreed geographic area as measured against certain agreed scope, time, budget, quality customer service and Health & Safety requirements.
* Undertake all duties and responsibilities and exhibit the highest regard to health, safety and the environment.
* Agree handover details with Asset Management, including scope and budget, and understand and agree early involvement responsibilities as required.
* Day to day management of issues relating to delivery of schemes or projects under the post holder's area of responsibility.
* Take a proactive approach to enhancing the customer experience - this will include pre-work communications, prompt ownership and resolution of issues, progress updates, post project reviews and other initiatives,
* Work with the team's planner to obtain or create project programme and maintain an up-to-date version throughout the life of the scheme or project. Ensure that this interfaces with overall Project Programme.
* Work with the team's Contract Administrator to manage costs relating to the scheme or project to ensure that agreed budget is not exceeded.
* Ensure that changes to the project are correctly entered into the change control process and are approved appropriately.
* Ensure individual schemes are completed to meet business targets relating to cost, time, quality and regulatory criteria.
* Ensure that schemes or projects are delivered to the design and specification criteria as specified by Asset Management.
* Agree commissioning, take-over, completion and final certification criteria with Contractors and Operations. Ensure completion paperwork is completed in good time.
* Regularly visit site activities and record progress - discuss issues with contractors and agree ways to resolve.
* Monitor resources to ensure relevant skills are available to meet programme needs. Report resource issues to senior management.
* Complete management information requirements to support timely and accurate reporting regime within the department.
* Build strong and effective working relationships with contractors, other members of the team, other business contacts and key stakeholders.
* Ensure that risks relating to the post holder's schemes or projects are understood, documented and managed until completion.
* Attendance at meetings as required.
Annual Capital Budget: Projects between £5k to £20m.
Complexity And Creativity
This is a key role in the company, where the post holder will be expected to use their skills and experience in managing individuals to deliver schemes and projects in an organised and controlled way utilising their ability to build strong working relationships.
The post holder will be expected to understand and promote Southern Water's values when meeting contractors, customers or other stakeholders. They should look for opportunities to enhance the reputation of Southern Water when meeting customers.
There will be many demands placed on the post holder and being a Project Manager they will be expected to manage these to ensure that they successfully achieve their individual targets and contribute towards the goals of Capital Delivery and the organisation. The post holder will be expected to have strong focus on customer experience and add value to work undertaken.
The post offers opportunities to be proactive, to be creative and to explore appropriate ways to innovate to ensure that the Company gets value for money and efficient delivery of schemes and projects.
The post-holder will have to communicate across all areas and all levels of the Business and with external parties