|Job Ref:||204700290||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£22000 - £26000/annum Up to £26K + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:59|
Demob Job Reference: J2671|
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Up to £26,000 + Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a leading manufacturer of electrical equipment. They are now recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their team at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will be responsible for planned and reactive maintenance tasks ensuring that all equipment is running at maximum efficiency.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within an Aircraft Engineering, Marine Engineering (Mechanical), REME (Mechanic) or similar role. Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Mechanical qualification with electrical skills and relevant experience within a manufacturing/production environment.
- Attend all machine breakdowns in a timely manner and effectively solve any problems to ensure minimum downtime.
- Carry out daily and weekly checks as per the schedule.
- Carry out planned maintenance on plant and equipment; this may involve a full machine or gearbox strip down.
- Update the computer maintenance system on completed tasks and parts used.
- Carry out the maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities including plumbing.
- Carry out machine modifications, overhauls and new installations.
- Carry out basic electrical tasks as agreed with the engineering team leader which will not exceed ability or training.
- Adhere to lock-off and hot works procedures.
- Use workshop tools and equipment as per manufacturer's recommendations, H&S guidelines, company policy and training received.
- Exercise a duty of care to others and promote a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
- Conduct all activities within current H&S regulations, company policy and best practice.
- Keep the workshop tidy, clean and safe at all times.
- Ensure the engineering spares storeroom is kept clean and orderly, ensuring that minimum levels are maintained.
- Work closely with other trades and contractors to get the job done.
- Liaise with engineering colleagues and the production team to identify machine improvements and maintenance requirements.
- Attend training courses either on-site or at the training facilities.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong mechanical engineering background and will hold a relevant qualification or mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
- Demonstrable background in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Competency with a range of workshop equipment; lathes and ability to weld.
- Able to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility to work extended hours.
- IT literate.
- Salary payable up to £26,000.
- Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am - 12pm.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer contributory pension.
- Bonus scheme - paid quarterly which is company discretionary.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company