|Job Ref:||204700424||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falkirk||Address:||Post Code:||FK2||Salary:||£40000 - £49000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:04|
My client is seeking a Procurement Specialist to ensure that the correct Service Contracts are in place for Projects and the Assets in order to meet the site Capex and production plans.|
£40,000 - £49,000
My client is seeking a Procurement Specialist to ensure that the correct Service Contracts are in place for Projects and the Assets in order to meet the site Capex and production plans.
- Establishing a deep understanding of the market for the services allocated.
- Develop a supplier positioning profile to assess business risk and opportunity for the business.
- The development and execution of procurement strategies for a wide range of requirements for engineering and construction services which will be time critical, high value, complex services for the business.
- Determine the most appropriate style of contract for services under their management that will deliver the best overall outcome.
- Liaise with end users to develop and review technical scope/commercial packages for competitive tender events.
- Coordinate the issuing of tenders and the evaluation of returns.
- Ensure that all purchase orders and contracts are placed in accordance with site approval process and work within defined business processes.
- Deal with claims mitigation, have the ability to challenge cost disputes with 3rd party suppliers
- Provide expert advice on supply chain risks, including in-depth market knowledge of both commercial and technical fields.
- Use influencing skills to encourage procurement change and engagement across the site and where applicable and beneficial to the business.
- Set out contracts that are fully compliant to support our business needs that are legally binding, that mitigate any and all commercial risk and drive appropriate supplier performance.
- Identify new potential suppliers, to create additional competitiveness and market tension for their services area of responsibility.
- Manage new suppliers through our pre qualification process, working with the technical authorities on site.
- Degree level qualifications or relevant experience.
- Proven procurement experience and have dealt with complex procurement contracts and high value spend portfolios.
- Proven ability in dealing with complex construction contracts including mechanical, electrical and scaffolding contracts.
- Have an understanding of NAECI agreements.
- Managing services contracts and delivering significant savings within these contracts.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards it.
- Understanding of contract law.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions