|Job Ref:||204700577||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:36|
Job Title: Principal Safety Engineer|
Duration: 12 months +
Assystem is a global engineering and design consultancy with offices in 16 countries employing over 12,000 professionals. The UK division of Assystem offers engineering services, built on a fifty year heritage, to customers in the Civil Nuclear, Naval Nuclear, Fusion Nuclear and Oil and Gas Sectors; to support these services we are looking to engage a Principal Safety Engineer on a contract basis
The Principal Safety Engineer will be required to work between Plymouth and Bristol. You will be working with a dedicated and highly motivated team, dealing with safety work relating to facility modifications at an active naval base.
* Ability to display confidence in own abilities and motivated to deliver.
* Strong knowledge of submarines and Submarine Systems
* Strong knowledge of site safety cases
* Detailed knowledge of modern standards of safety case production and processes within the nuclear industry.
* Strong working knowledge of dockyard's
* Detailed understanding of Site Licence Conditions, and statutory and mandatory requirements of operation.
* Knowledge of hazard identification and analysis techniques.
* Understanding of site emergency procedures
* Strong knowledge of boat safety cases
* Strong ability to cultivate and build strong internal and external relationships with business counterparts.
Education / Qualifications:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
* Significant Technical Safety experience in the Nuclear Industry
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance