|Job Ref:||204700832||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||DE21||Address:||Salary:||£11 - £12/hour premium rates when overseas||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:36|
Machine Tool Fitter / Machinist|
Derby base with international travel
£11-12ph, premium when overseas
My client is a reputable manufacturer of specialist machine tools. They work from a modern, purpose built factory on the outskirts of Derby; supporting the full range of design, development, manufacture and service.
To support their continued growth they are looking to recruit an experienced fitter/machinist to build high quality machine tools. The role will also involve a small amount of international travel; commissioning, machining parts and training at customers' sites.
Principal responsibilities will include;
- Assembly of machined components
- To build varying types of gearbox
- To build varying types of facing arm assemblies
- To build varying types of main drive units
- Manual Machining as required (milling, turning, cylindrical grinding)
The successful applicant will...
- Have experience of assembling machined components
- Have a good understanding of moving mechanical parts
- Be experienced in milling, turning and cylindrical grinding
- Be able to work to tight tolerances
- Be flexible, motivated and able to work as part of a small team
The role involves working on machine assembly including gearboxes and the like; an ability to read technical drawings is therefore essential