Search Jobs

Hold CTRL to choose multiple sectors (up to 3)


Hold CTRL to choose multiple sectors (up to 3)

R & D Manager job in Godalming

  • Show me jobs like this one
  • More jobs from this recruiter
  • Email this job to a friend
  • Print this job
Job Ref:  204700841
Employer:  cv-library.co.uk
Industry:  Civil and Structural
Job Type:  Permanent
Country:  United Kingdom
City:  Godalming
Post Code:  GU7
Salary:  £60000 - £70000/annum + + Holidays + Benefits
28/09/2016 03:05
R & D Manager (Engines/Automotive/Chief Engineer)

£60,000 - £70,000 + Holidays + Benefits

Thursley, Godalming

Experienced R & D Manager with in depth knowledge & experience of Engines required for an automotive specialist that design, manufacture, build, test and develop premium automotive products as well as provide a diverse range of services.

The ideal candidate will have strong level of engine knowledge from any industry, with experience in the automotive industry being highly desirable. You will hold an engineering qualification such as an automotive degree or HND. Experience of General IC Engine development will be highly advantageous.

This is a great opportunity to join an industry leading company in a brand new role where you are able to shape the position and imprint your own style to manage the site with a high level of autonomy. The company are continuing to expand are expecting to double their workforce by the end of 2017.

You will be directly responsible for the ownership of specialist bespoke cradle to grave projects with the support of 10 Engineers. You will have the responsibility of hiring, firing and training your direct reports.

You will mainly focus your time on; the management of projects, customer liaison - being the point of contact for all projects. You will spend around 70% of your time focused on projects, technical queries and customer liaison with the remaining 30% of your time being spent on management of your team. However, as mentioned this is a new role and will require you to be flexible until you have formulated your own structure.

The role:

* R & D Manager / Project Manager for specialist bespoke automotive products and services
* Cradle to grave project management
* International travel occasionally (once every 2/3 months for a couple of days)

The person:

* Degree/HND educated in Automotive (or equivalent) within a relevant field
* Knowledge/experience of engines (ideally from Automotive)
* Experience of General IC Engine development will be highly advantageous.
* Previous experience of cradle to grave project management
* Experience of MatLab / SimuLink would be highly advantageous
Copyright © Rengineeringjobs.com Job Board 2011  | Powered by JobMount Job Board Software