|Job Ref:||204701279||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Seascale||Address:||Post Code:||CA19||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:46|
Planning Manager - Contract|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, proactive Planning Manager to join our Team in our Sellafield Office. The ideal candidate would be able to lead by example while maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and other project stakeholders.
* Exemplary H&S performance.
* Lead and manage planning engineers that form part of the project controls team, efficiently and manage performance.
* Support the Project Control Manager to ensure that there is sufficient SQEP resource in place.
* Maintain excellent relationships with all parties.
* Support the risk / opportunity management process.
* Support the Project Controls Manager to ensure that delivery is within budget.
* Support the Project Controls Manager to ensure that delivery is in line with programme.
* Support the Project Controls Manager to ensure that change is managed efficiently
* Zero Harm.
* Accountable for all schedule elements of the project, including the work breakdown structure.
* Develop and maintain the project schedule, (owned by the discipline leads) - fully resourced and costed
* Measuring, controlling and forecasting against an agreed baseline/s position to the required frequencies - monitor and control the project schedule.
* Provision of timely and accurate schedule forecasts.
* Provision of schedule trend information and support to early warnings to management for critical or near critical activities.
* Support to provision of robust, single source, accurate schedule management information - preparation of detailed schedule reports each period.
* Support to provision of corrective action plans as appropriate.
* Ensure data quality for all schedule related data.
* Defining and assuring sub-contractor schedule information.
* Proven planning leadership on projects.
* Awareness and understanding of the additional planning and project controls information nuclear clients require
* IT literate.
* Good command of written and spoken English.
* Accurate time management to independently manage own time in order to meet strict deadlines and management / co-ordination of team and a wide variety of information sources and stakeholders.
* Project management / project controls qualification.
* Degree in an engineering discipline.
* P1 / P4 pass holder.
* Willing to mentor / coach and develop staff.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in project planning.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a supervisory / management role in a planning environment.
* Full understanding of Earned Value Management techniques.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria - Immediate start for the right candidate. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to speak to those who have been shortlisted.
Recruitment Advisor |
M: NA | NA
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work