|Job Ref:||204701376||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum + Co Car / Car Allowance + Benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:46|
Openside Networks have been tasked by a highly successful, leading main contractor to assist them in sourcing an experienced Design Manager to join them on design planning, development, construction and operations of commercial build projects from acquisition through construction and occupancy. This role is based in Berkshire.|
Reporting to the Project Director, the role would involve a wide variety of tasks and would require a candidate who is characterised by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, and accountability as well as possessing the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief.
- Develops feasibility studies of proposed Designs; manages development and pre-start budgets for current Designs
- Make site visits to identify appropriate methods of construction and appropriate design solutions
- Co-ordinate the distribution of design information from consultants to office, site and subcontractors / suppliers
- Working from pre-construction tender and design feasibility stage through to post contract on site design management.
As the successful candidate, you would be required to have a relevant qualification and Design Management experience on design and build projects, ideally within the healthcare, commercial, education OR MOD sectors and within a main contractor environment. Experience working with all levels of client and colleague is ideal.
This role is offering a generous package on a permanent basis and does potentially require some travel to the acquired sites