|Job Ref:||204701395||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£1 - £40/hour||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:46|
Waterman Aspen are looking for a construction estimator to be based in North Hertfordshire the role is Working within the office refurbishment, fit out and commercial/industrial sector the work stream is varied and requires a high level of knowledge in all aspects of construction.. |
Reporting to the Directors this is a highly varied role involving estimating, surveying and bid preparation responsibilities.
• Duties Include: - formulating design and build packages from initial client brief to full working specification and associated drawings. This will include all construction works alongside the mechanical and electrical installation.
• To be fully responsible for the timely delivery of tenders, quotations and budgets.
• Organising departmental resources to fulfil the needs of the tender programme and those of the customer, including customer liaison, bid build up and presentation documentation, preparation of drawings, specifications and pre-construction documentation etc. - attend the initial site visits, surveying, measuring and obtaining the detail required from the customer.
• To obtain competitive sub-contract prices to incorporate within our tender submission.
• To ensure sub-contractors quotations are in accordance with the tender requirements.
• To prepare detail price breakdown for adjudication meetings prior to the tender submission.
• To liaise with the Directors to set the profit percentage on specific projects.
• To liaise with Contract Managers and Surveyors at tender stage and during the construction process.
• To assist the growth of the company supply chain.
• To win a reasonable proportion of tenders submitted.
• To attend tender review meetings / interview with clients.
• To provide the appropriate breakdowns of tenders / quotations as requested by the client.
• To produce various management reports on a timely basis