|Job Ref:||204696828||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:45|
Estimator - Power |
Salary - £55,000 - £65,000 plus package
To prepare analytical estimates for a project to be used within the tender bid. Following the submission of the tender to attend meetings, negotiate and record all changes to the tender price required. The Senior Estimator will also be responsible for assisting the Estimating Manager with the complete tender submission as necessary
Estimators, Assistant Estimators
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Attend project start-up meetings and make site visits.
* Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works & packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued.
* Identify tender deliverables required from the Project Designers.
* Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
* Prepare BOQ for scopes of projects on estimating programs (such as Excel, Causeway, CCS Candy & Kubus).
* Input to project risk register and attends a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planning Engineers, Design Co-ordinators and Clients representatives.
* Attend tender price settlement meetings in the presence of the tender team with Estimating Manager,
* Attend Tender Handover meetings in the presence of Estimators and projects team.
* Prepare commercial documents for tender handover to projects team.
* Carry out duties / functions under JMS Quality and Health & Safety Management Systems.
* Assist the Estimating Manager in promoting interaction with the appropriate functional leader to facilitate successful development of solutions to problems and estimates.
* Assist the Estimating Manager in working with the site commercial team to ensure budgets & programs are reflective of actual delivery experience.
* Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tenders.
* As necessary provide supports and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
* In conjunction with the Contract Manager / Senior Management review contract details relevant to the company's ability to deliver under the contract.
* Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to Estimating Manager.
* Carry out analysis of all available data to arrive at viable options and organising information to identify the key issues and plan appropriately.
* Connects own team / department actions with commercial benefit; sees long term customer relationships and gives consideration to partnering.
* Rigorous views of new events / situations and sees change as opportunity; using it to focus and make improvements to organisation by involving and persuading others to the benefits of change.
* Clear and visible leadership, with capacity to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others
* Desire to improve self / others performance, taking a creative approach to develop new responses to changing business conditions.
* Assimilation of large amounts of complex data; assessing risks and gains against business criteria to generate sound commercial answers