|Job Ref:||204697235||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum £5k Car allowance||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:48|
Our client, a well respected developer established for |
over 30 years, are currently seeking an experienced
Technical Coordinator to join their busy technical team
based in the West Midlands.
The company provide sustainable homes and depend
upon their in-house team to look after every detail.
They are also a progressive company that is
constantly considering new construction techniques,
and they are currently exploring modular residential
The role, reporting to the Technical Manager, will be
to coordinate the design process and lead the design
team on a project basis. You would be responsible for
the day-to-day coordination of all design/technical
issues throughout the development process. You
would also have a full current UK Driving license to
facilitate travel between projects.
Key duties will include to:
- Help manage and co-ordinate working drawing
- Motivate and facilitate external consultants in
delivering the design of a project holistically translating
the scheme from Planning to completion as a cost
effective and practical solution in line with the
- Use the technical systems and procedures to
manage the quality and financial aspects of all projects
and assist in delivery of appropriate reports to the
Technical Manager on a diarised basis.
- Identify opportunities for improving buildability and
adding value to the design product.
- Comment effectively on contractor's design where
designers package are adopted as part of a contract
- Providing feedback to contractors and consultants
on matters of design and specification.
- Providing appropriate support to site teams on each
- Providing architectural and engineering support for
- To liaise with internal and external departments to
- To provide working drawings and ancillary detailing.
- To attend and contribute to design meetings.
- Attend weekly development meetings to review the
- Liaise and negotiate with Planning Officers &
Consultants to ensure set objectives and programmes
- Coordination of drawing issues and the maintenance
of an efficient file management system.
- Co-ordination of services infrastructure and
agreements on schemes.
- To provide detailed Site Folder to be issued to Site
following a hand over meeting, highlighting key points
responsible to ensure that site staff /ground worker are
fully up to speed with procedures.
- To arrange initial pre start meeting on site with
relevant statutory authorities.
- To provide detailed breakdown on fee payments to
date and cost to complete on a monthly basis for
The role will suit someone who has held a similar
position, preferrably within the residential sector but
other sectors will be considered. They are ideally
seeking someone who is a qualified Civil Engineer or
someone of an Architectural Technologist
In return, you can expect a salary of up to 40k with a
5k car allowance, a contributory pension and medium
term opportunities for progression