|Job Ref:||204697377||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Craigellachie||Address:||Post Code:||AB38||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:48|
We are looking for experienced Labourers for our client based in the Moray area. |
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform tasks including physical labour
• Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
• Operate hand and power tools of all types
• Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
• Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials.
• Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
• Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
• Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
• Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
• Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
• Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
• Groundworking - marking out and digging shallow trenches for foundations and drains
• Formworking - putting up or dismantling the shuttering that holds setting concrete in place
• Steel fixing - bending and fixing the bars used to reinforce concrete structures
• Steel piling - fixing steel sheets together to form temporary retaining walls for excavation work
• Concreting - layering and smoothing concrete for foundations, floors and beams
• Ensure adequate supplies by tracking inventory and supply stock on hand to identify when low and notify management when an order needs to be placed.
• All other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications: CSCS card
Experience: Previous experience within the civil engineering/construction industry
Global Highland is a leading recruitment company providing services as an Employment Agency and Employment Business for those looking for permanent and temporary work and to organisations looking to find suitable workers