|Job Ref:||204700515||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£25000 - £50000/annum Salary - Depending on Experience||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:46|
My client manufactures a building Superstructure solution based on primarily (but not exclusively) Light Gauge Steel (LGS). The solution delivers a means of creating high performance, sustainable buildings, at affordable costs With 13 years of experience and over 5000 new buildings in the ground, my client has proven track record of delivering large and complex LGS structures.|
They are now looking for an exceptional Structural Engineer to join their team!
To ensure the building solutions compliance to engineering codes and regulatory requirements. To translate architect's drawings and details into the building solution system and provide structural design & analysis. To ensure the design output accurately represent the structural requirements set out in the above.
1. Produce line & point loads for walls, floors and sections.
2. Produce a complete set of structural calculations.
3. Update and coordinate any design amendments, maintaining a register of changes.
4. Coordinate and liaise with external parties to include architects, consultants and specialists.
5. Production of structural steel material schedules.
6. Liaise with the estimating team/pre-design team in the production of estimates.
7. Coordinate and distribute design information to the design team.
8. Manage technical questions and queries that are generated from architect's/clients engineer's/site crews.
9. Report to Design & Structural Manager on works in progress.
10. Attend Pre-Contract Design Meetings
11. Attend Design Team Meetings
12. Value engineering on a project by project basis
13. Work closely with Fusion frame designers (Technical Designers)
14. Check all outgoing designs to ensure that they comply with the Structural Design.
15. Carry out detailed site inspections on each project as required to achieve structural sign off
16. Working to meet set deadlines.
Overall responsibility for the accurate communication of the structural design via the Fusion drawings. Responsible to ensure the production of robust compliant designs at all times.
Aid in the final sign off of the drawings and build by way of drawing checks and site inspections.
Knowledge and Experience
Engineering related degree, preferable Chartered Engineer
AutoCAD, Revit, TEDDs, working with architects, structural engineers, working to tight timescales, working as part of a team or on their own