|Job Ref:||204700467||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Salary - Depending on Experience||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:46|
My client manufactures a building Superstructure solution based on primarily (but not exclusively) Light Gauge Steel (LGS). The solution delivers a means of creating high performance, sustainable buildings, at affordable costs With 13 years of experience and over 5000 new buildings in the ground, my client has proven track record of delivering large and complex LGS structures.|
They are now looking for an exceptional Design Team Leader to lead their team of Technical Designers!
To manage and oversee an assigned team of 3-4 Technical Designers and provide support to the Design Office Manager to oversee the general design office function. Overall responsibility on a project specific basis for delivery of numerous schemes at any one time. Produce detailed drawings to aid in the accurate Manufacture and Erection of the System. To optimise the design to minimise commercial implications whilst ensuring compliance to design principles.
1. Manage and oversee numerous projects within the design office to ensure that they are
completed to a high standard and issued in a timely fashion.
2. To aid the Design Office Manager in the day to day management of the Design team as required.
3. Provide day to day support to the Technical Designer and Design Office Apprentice.
4. Produce Pre-Con Design GA's with a view to achieving the solutions Design Freeze.
5. Produce framing drawings for walls, floors and sections for issue to Construction andManufacturing
6. Maintain a high level of drawing standards at all times.
7. Call and Chair Stage 3 & 4 Handover meetings.
8. Liaise in detail with the Pre-Construction Co-ordinator.
9. Update and coordinate any design amendments, maintaining a register of changes.
10. Coordinate and liaise with external parties to include architects, consultants and specialists.
11. Production of steel frame material schedules.
12. Liaise with the estimating team/pre-design team in the production of estimates.
13. Coordinate and distribute design information to the Production Floor.
14. Manage technical questions and queries that are generated from within the design team
& from external sources.
15. Report to Design Office Manager on work in progress.
16. Attend External Design Meetings if required
17. Attend Design Team Meetings
18. Value engineering on a project by project basis
19. Work closely with structural engineers
20. Management of the Design Deliverables
1. Manage the programme and release of drawings (specifically post design freeze)
2. Call and chair Stage 3 & 4 Handovers for projects under their supervision.
3. Checking and sign off of design drawings.
4. Offer support and guidance to Technical Designers and Design Office Apprentice.
Knowledge and Experience
Extensive Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD, Revit, working with working with architects, structural engineers, working to tight timescales, working as part of a team or on their own