|Job Ref:||204700414||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Salary - Depending on Experience||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:44|
My client manufactures a building Superstructure solution based on primarily (but not exclusively) Light Gauge Steel (LGS). The product delivers a means of creating high performance, sustainable buildings, at affordable costs With 13 years of experience and over 5000 new buildings in the ground, my client has proven track record of delivering large and complex LGS structures.|
They are now looking for an exceptional Technical Designer to join their team!
To translate architect's drawings and details into the system for pre-design and framing purposes.
Produce detailed drawings to aid in the accurate Manufacture and Erection of the Fusion System. To
optimise the design to minimise commercial implications whilst ensuring compliance to design
1. Produce Pre-Con Design GA's with a view to achieving Design Freeze.
2. Produce framing drawings for walls, floors and sections for issue to Construction and
3. Maintain a high level of drawing standards at all times.
4. Attend Stage 3 & 4 Handover meetings.
5. Liaise in detail with the Pre-Construction Co-ordinator.
6. Update and coordinate any design amendments, maintaining a register of changes.
7. Coordinate and liaise with external parties to include architects, consultants and specialists.
8. Production of steel frame material schedules.
9. Liaise with the estimating team/pre-design team in the production of estimates.
10. Coordinate and distribute design information to the Production Floor.
11. Manage technical questions and queries that are generated from within the design team
& from external sources.
12. Report to Design and Structural Manager/Design Team Leader on work in progress.
13. Attend Pre-Contract Design Meetings
14. Attend Design Team Meetings
15. Value engineering on a project by project basis
16. Work closely with structural engineers
17. Working to meet set deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
AutoCAD, Revit, working with architects, structural engineers, working to tight timescales, working as part of a team or on their own.
Construction related qualification