|Job Ref:||204700389||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£62000 - £68000/annum car or allowance/pension/26 days||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:50|
This vacancy is for mid-sized, regional Main Contractor with an annual turnover of £27m spread over two Southern Regional offices. For over 4 decades, this company has forged a strong reputation for innovatively designed, well produced buildings in a broad range of sectors to include residential, commercial, retail and local authority schemes through frameworks. Project values have topped £18m but are more regularly in the £2m -£5m bracket. |
The company remains privately owned, and owner operated and possesses a strong sense of collaborative working and a very close knit team environment.
The company ethos is to be customer focused. It aims to forge extremely close working partnership with its clients and provide both a service and product in an extemporarily, no adversarial style and maximise each client account by squeezing out the competition.
Not exclusively, but many staff who have joined this company from PLC type organisations have flourished there due to the straight forward, simplistic yet effective operating systems and a shortened decision making process.
* Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
* Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
* Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
* Manage and control programme information
* Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
* Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
* Assist the Commercial Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
* Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
* Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
* Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
* Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
* Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
* Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
* Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
* Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
There is a substantial benefits package on offer to include, generous basic, company car, or allowance of 10% of salary, 26 days holiday, professional fee's, bonus and PMI.
For further details please contact Richard Livermore or Tristan Prior on (Apply online only)