|Job Ref:||204703277||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£23000 - £27000/annum benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:47|
Graduate Building Surveyor - Consultancy - Essex|
£23,000 - £27,000 + benefits package
Our client is one of the largest multidisciplinary building and architecture consultancies in Europe, and is looking for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join their team. You will work alongside a range of managers, designers and surveyors to deliver consistently excellent results. A large part of the job will be working autonomously from home, and managing your own time and organisation effectively.
The well-established consultancy is offering a structured approach to your training, with pre-set objectives and support from chartered surveyors within your team to help you excel in your career and progress towards chartership with APC.
Past projects of the consultancy include a high-end restaurant development in a major UK city, the major expansion of a large UK train station, and award-winning residential housing.
The key duties of the Graduate Building Surveyor include:
* Managing medium-sized projects around the East England area
* Liaising with clients in the region, visiting sites and negotiating on the clients' behalf
* Advising clients on decisions and strategies using your commercial expertise
The experience of the Graduate Building Surveyor will ideally include:
* RICS accredited 3 year degree in Building Surveying, preferably with around a years' experience working in a similar role
* Experiencing managing medium-sized projects
* Time management and organisational skills are essential, as the Graduate Building Surveyor will be mostly working autonomously from home
* Good IT skills, particularly MS Excel
A full clean driving licence is required, as car travel is essential to the role.
This is a unique opportunity to work mostly independently from home for a large, well-established consultancy, with two days a week in the office. Our client is offering you a flexible benefits package, and support and guidance towards your career development from other professionals within the consultancy.
In order to discuss this Graduate Building Surveyor role and other roles within Building Surveying please call (Apply online only) or email your CV