|Job Ref:||204698718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:46|
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients' workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner.
This role will be based out of our office in Basingstoke.
* To agree terms and conditions of subcontractors and incorporate within documentation to forward direct to subcontractor.
* To coordinate and manage the selection of subcontractors (working closely with the Procurement Manager) for tender enquiries ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and duration.
* To coordinate subcontractor tender responses and provide full comparisons of all quotes vs. the tender allowances, showing a best price, further negotiation to provide the best possible price and the buy-in of the operations team.
* To place and coordinate the placement by others of subcontractor orders to an agreed set of terms and actively participate in engaging the subcontractor in the pre-contract handover with the operations team.
* To produce or have produced valuation breakdowns in an agreed format to maximise cash flow and to keep the Surveying/Commercial Manager informed at all times
* To be responsible for chasing valuations, certificates, invoices and cash from clients to hit the required cash flow targets.
* To ensure that all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these.
* To ensure that all appropriate Certificates of Practical and Partial Completion are timely collected and utilised in releasing retentions.
* To present the final account as soon as possible after practical completion and present financial appraisals continually as the works progress always driving to maximise the rightful valuation of the works.
* To coordinate and produce claims for accelerations, loss and expense as required for submission when required.
* To own the project profitability whether involved directly or through a direct line report.
* Take ownership for contractual issues that may arise both directly and through direct line reports.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Proven experience of surveying, ideally within construction, and refurb projects.
* Knowledge of fabric maintenance would be highly desirable.
* Experience of working on the SCAPE framework would be an advantage.
* Excellent communicator, with high level of computer literacy.
* Attention to detail
* Full confidence in accuracy of estimates/tenders produced
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
* Highly organised and efficient
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains anda renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer