|Job Ref:||204304134||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£25000 - £45000/annum £25k-£45k + Bens (DOE)||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
£25k - £45k + Bens (DOE)
Our client has been established for over 50 years and is one of the largest, privately owned civil engineering contractors based in the UK with an estimated turnover of £80m per annum. They complete various projects including highways, Groundworks, Structures, Marine/Coastal Defence, Waste Treatment and more. Their projects values range from £50k to £15m but typical values are £1m - £2.5m.
They are now seeking to appoint a Bid Writer to join their pre-construction team based either in Cambridgeshire or Suffolk areas to work closely with the pre-construction team to develop detailed responses for the Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ's) and Technical Proposals within Tenders. You will be working on your own initiative and will conduct research, interview contributors and gather information from a wide range of sources to conduct a solid, well-constructed response to the bid submissions, writing customised text and sourcing appropriate images and graphics to support responses.
1. Identify opportunities via online client portals and tender notices.
2. Retrieve PQQ / tender documentation from portals as identified, or as directed by the pre-construction manager
3. Undertake and complete PQQ submissions and technical / compliance information to accompany tender bids and responses to expressions of interest.
4. Complete submissions required to pre-set deadlines and/or as required by the pre-construction manager.
5. Liaise with the awarding authorities regarding any clarifications or amendments to PQQ notices required.
6. Ensure all bids are accurately completed and represent the company experience and abilities in the best possible way to secure the tender opportunity from the PQQ submission and/or contract when tendering.
7. Ensure all submissions are uploaded (if applicable), printed, packaged and delivered in the format and media type required and within the deadlines established.
8. Follow the company's ISO 9001 management procedures throughout.
9. Develop a good understanding of awarding authorities' vision, strategy and plans in order to maximise new business generation opportunities.
10. Gather and develop information relating to specific tenders, relative projects and long term opportunities.
You will be:-
• Have a minimum of 1 years UK experience as a Bid Writer within the construction/Civil Engineering industry
• Understanding of the tender / bid process and awarding authorities' requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer literacy and presentation skills; e.g. proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.
• Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable approach to work. Ability to work individually, and as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
• An eye for detail, and a thorough and methodical approach.
• A stable work history
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Bid Writer seeking a new challenge within a forward thinking contractor that offers an excellent salary and package.
Please forward a full CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK