|Job Ref:||204697898||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Culham||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£33000 - £45000/annum £33,312 to £44,000 plus benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:34|
Telecoms Technical Lead (260jc) - Culham, Oxfordshire - £33,312 to £44,000 plus benefits|
My client a national policing constabulary are now seeking a Technical Lead to join their team on a fixed term contract until 31st December 2018, with possible extensions after that date.
Your role will be part of the team that will deliver a successful transition from the existing operation communications platform (Airwave) to the new service provision, Emergency Services Network (ESN), within the time lines set down by the Home Office
You will be reporting to the Senior Project Manager, and have personnel/teams reporting to you. Your role will be part of the ESMCP Project Team, leading the technical implementation of ESMCP ensuring compliance to National Standards, CESG requirements and regulations specifically; designing a suitable operational communications platform, transitioning the control rooms and ensuring interworking solutions, as necessary, throughout the transition.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of the ESMCP technical elements, throughout design, development, implementation and, in collaboration with the Operational Communications (Op Comms) team, transition of the force from Tetra to the Emergency Services Network (ESN).
Therefor your role will have the following responsibilities:
• Leadership and Management of the technical team employed on ESMCP.
• Managing the availability, interoperability and integrity of the ESMCP technical solution throughout the project life cycle and handover to BAU.
• Relationship management across the police force, its stakeholders and within the industry to uphold the authority, respect and standing of the force.
• Act as the technical lead for ESMCP on behalf of the force.
• Liaise and engage with other technical leads and subject matter experts (SME) to ensure collaborative and successful delivery of ESMCP within the force; providing technical validation and assurance in support of the ESMCP Project Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the strategic ESMCP roadmap through scoping of requirements and adaption following approved change control processes. This requires an ability to translate and communicate technical information using language, tools and models relative to the targeted audience including; Home Office, Police Authority Board and Executive Team, senior managers and project teams.
2. Support the ESMCP Project Management team in the continual development of project definition documentation including business cases, risk register, actions/issues log and resource planning activities whilst being cognisant of the necessity to collaborate with both National and Regional forces.
3. Contribution to the creation or update of other technical management documentation, with particular focus on Code of Connections, impact assessments, systems design information, technical requirements ensuring alignment with other technological projects.
1. Manage and deliver the technical elements required to adhere to any licencing constraints imposed during the project and ensuring compliance to National Standards and CESG requirements.
2. Thorough liaison and collaboration, with technical leads and SMEs (including National Programme leads), in order to design, manage and support the implementation of ESMCP whilst being cognisant of user requirements, Command and Control interoperability, architecture changes and introduction of any new services and technologies.
3. Develop, in conjunction with relevant business owners SMEs (including National Programme leads), effective business continuity processes and control measures to ensure a high level of confidence that communications systems will be available throughout the Tetra transition, but also in the event of a critical incident.
4. Undertaking technical planning and coordination throughout the ESMCP project life cycle.
• Relationships and Management
1. Develop and maintain excellent relationships across the force, external stakeholders and governance organisations.
2. Liaise with Suppliers and stakeholders to ensure ESMCP communications implementations are carried out in accordance with business objectives, project timescales and in accordance with National Standards and CESG requirements and regulations.
3. Proficiently establish and maintain a collaborative relationship with existing and future force project leads, where technological boundaries and responsibilities converge.
4. Coordinate the technical team employed or, assigned to support ESMCP, including, the provision of guidance and support, task delegation, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation and assist with the recruitment of team members.
5. Support the ESMCP Project Management team in the promotion and delivery of a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence.
• Ensuring work undertaken is aligned with the force's Programme and Project Management Methodology (based on PRINCE2) and supporting tools and standards.
• Although the post holder will normally be based at Culham, they will be required to travel to other units. The nature of the work also requires the individual to display flexibility in working practices and on occasion work unsociable hours at short notice to support operational activities.
• Consultation and liaison with external partners and agencies requires the post holder to be an effective communicator and representative of the Constabulary.
• Due to the nature of work being undertaken the post holder will be required to work with discretion and confidentiality and will require the necessary clearance level.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
• Degree educated or equivalent vocational qualification (HNC/HND) in a relevant technical discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• In depth knowledge of mobile/fixed line communication (PSTN/2G/GPRS/3G/LTE/4G) and Tetra technology.
• Highly extensive and demonstrable experience of Mobile and Fixed line communication, Information Communication Technologies (ICT) and Command and Control principles in an emergency service or military organisation.
• Demonstrable experience in a Senior Technical role.
• Proven experience of installing, integrating, deploying and maintaining of technical radio or communications systems in an operations service environment.
• Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN communications and switching technologies.
• In-Building Design capability/understanding
• Experience in the production and application of Code of Connections and Security Operating Procedures.
• Experience of working with sensitive or security-related information.
• Experience of operating in teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Experience of producing documentation for inclusion in formal briefings and reports.
• Demonstrable experience of effective prioritisation, working within scope and within strict timelines.
• Experienced in capturing and documenting user and technical requirements.
• Effective liaison, interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to transform technical concepts, documents and requirements to suit non-technical audience.
• ITIL / ISO 2000.
• Ability to work with discretion and confidentiality.
• Asset management.
• Coaching and mentoring skills.
• Evidence of project/work stream delivery skills.
• Ability to obtain SC clearance.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• The post holder will be expected to travel in the UK; sometimes at short notice.
• The post holder will be expected to maintain a high standard of information security.
• The post holder will comply with all health and safety legislation.
• Capable of working unsupervised.
• Ability to work under pressure.
This will be an ideal for either FoS or YoS or someone who has an excellent knowledge in all aspects of communications and who has taken the lead in implantation of major projects in the past.
In return they are offering an excellent package for a 37.5 hr week, with 27.5 days leave, 3 free days off at Christmas and New Year, excellent pension contribution, free parking, free use of gym as well as other benefits.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only).
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY