Controller - Financial Reporting |
WorleyParsons is a leading provider of professional services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. Our services cover the full asset spectrum both in size and lifecycle from the creation of new assets to services that sustain and enhance operating assets. With approximately 25,000 employees across 42 countries, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We're an ASX 200 Listed company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services which exceed our clients' expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. At WorleyParsons we are proud of our people and passionate about delivery.
- ASX 200 Engineering & Professional Services Multinational
- 12 month maternity leave contract
- North Sydney Location
WorleyParsons ' Corporate Finance team based in Sydney is currently seeking a Controller Financial Reporting for a 12-month maternity leave assignment. Reporting to the Global Director Corporate Finance, the Controller designs, implements and leads the delivery of world class financial reporting. Leader within the Global Finance Team delivering consistent, timely and relevant information to Global Senior Management and supporting the Locations
Specific functional accountabilities and deliverables include:
- Develops, implements and leads Statutory Reporting processes and systems for the delivery of consistent, accurate and timely financial information to enable efficient fact based decision making.
- Ensures the accurate and timely consolidation of financial information across the group, including multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency environments.
- Responsible for monthly financial and half-year and full year statutory reports for the Group, including related ASX compliance and detailed review of all team deliverables.
- Reviews all aspects of the annual report including remuneration report, corporate responsibility, directors' report and editorial content and co-ordinates completion of the annual report with those section owners.
- Leads Board Reporting on financial accounting issues and provides broad Group and business unit guidance on technical accounting issues.
- Responsible for the development, communication and provision of guidance and training on Group accounting policies to ensure the application of consistent financial accounting across locations, in order to provide the Group with consistent information.
- Manages the development and improvement of accounting processes, controls and systems
- Communicates and operates effectively between Location and Global, demonstrating cross organisational collaboration in order to achieve the correct balance between effective Global and local conditions/requirements.
- Primary contact for external auditors in delivery of corporate requirements and day to day audit deliverable management.
- Reviews ABS surveys and ensures compliance with submission deadlines.
- Key system owner for Hyperion Financial Management - co-ordinates with the systems support team the response to Location queries and maintains the integrity of the Hyperion consolidation structure.
To be considered for the role you will be CA qualified with deep experience in senior finance roles in large complex ASX Listed companies, preferably multinationals with headquarters in Australia. Specific skills, experience and attributes we are seeking include:
This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your skills on a global platform within Australia's most successful and prestigious engineering services company operating in the resources & energy sector.
- Strong understanding of IFRS and ASX reporting requirements
- Expert technical and analytical accounting skills
- Must have either public practice or publicly traded company experience - both would be preferable.
- Expert technical understanding of GAAP; maintains the highest professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders at Group level, including Global Finance Directors, Global Financial Controllers, etc.
- Experience with HFM will be viewed favourably.
WorleyParsons will offer you a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Australia and overseas.
To apply now for this role please complete the online application process through the WorleyParsons website NA .
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: no agency representation or submissions will be recognised for this vacancy.