|Job Ref:||80573BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||South Australia||City:||Adelaide||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
• Permanent role on Australia's largest defence project|
• Work on enterprise ICT infrastructure and systems in a unique, challenging maritime environment.
• Excellent professional development opportunities
An exciting opportunity has now become available for a Graduate or early career Networks Engineer with an Information Technology or Computer Systems Engineering major to join our Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD) Communications and Information Systems (CIS) Engineering team.
Based at our Techport offices in Osborne, South Australia, the Networks Engineer will support the installation, integration, test and ongoing maintenance of communications and information system solutions designed and integrated by the CIS team.
The CIS solutions comprise a mixture of Commercial Off-The Shelf (COTS) and third-party delivered technologies, including enterprise switching, routing, server, storage and backup hardware, virtualisation software, Microsoft Active Directory and thin-client technologies. Reporting to the CIS Networks Technical Lead, the Graduate Networks Engineer will provide specialist ICT and engineering support, in an environment that encourages learning and professional development.
• Provide IT subject matter expertise to the CIS team.
• Conduct production set-to-work, integration, network configuration and functional testing of the various IP-based data and management networks as required, including during sea trials.
• Identify and formally document issues arising during test and integration activities, and troubleshoot/resolve as required.
• Liaise with subcontractors and engineering and technical representatives.
• Develop and review documentation including equipment & special installation instructions, set-to-work procedures, test procedures, engineering change proposals, and other plans as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Skills with enterprise ICT technologies, ideally TCP/IP networking, switching & routing infrastructure, Microsoft Active Directory, hardware virtualisation technologies and thin-client computing.
• Relevant industry certifications, such as Cisco CCNA; VMware VCP; CompTIA; Microsoft MCSE.
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and a passion for solving problems
• Information Technology or Computer Systems Engineering degree
• Ability to obtain and hold an Australian Defence security clearance to the Negative Vetting 1 level.
• Knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering Standards EIA-632, IEEE1220 or equivalent is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with systems engineering tools such as DOORS, Matlab and Simulink will be well regarded.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Negative Vetting 1
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
Australia - South Australia, Osborne, Adelaide