|Job Ref:||86799BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Fullerton||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Sr. Export Licensing and Compliance Advisor (RCCS) |
Raytheon Command and Control Solutions (RCCS), is seeking an experienced trade controls professional to support Global Trade Licensing activitiesin a fast paced and exciting global trade environment. This position provides advanced guidance to Business Unit personnel on export/import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign regulations and Company polices in international business activities. Contributes to the development of business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the U.S. Government all necessary export and import licenses, exemption/exceptions, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. Supports development of licensing plans and provides guidance for licensing strategy and program planning/execution. Develops licensing plans and provides guidance for complex licensing strategies and program planning. Assures regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions. Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Contributes to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls. Supports management in investigating and resolving compliance matters.
NOTE: This position may be SG4 or SG5 depending on candidate experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Obtains, maintains and monitors applicable permanent and temporary export/import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and commodity jurisdiction determinations in compliance with applicable U.S. Government regulations and Company policies.
• Prepares, reviews, and administers export/import authorizations and miscellaneous correspondences to regulatory agencies.
• Reviews and approves use of license exemptions/exceptions.
• Reviews and approves presentations, briefings, documents and other information provided to foreign persons for compliance with licenses and regulations prior to release to foreign person employees or outside the Company.
• Coordinates exports/imports of unclassified and classified hardware to ensure proper customs documentation is included and shipment is authorized under proper authorizations.
• Reviews and approves export/import jurisdiction and classification assessments in accordance with Export Control Reform initiatives.
• Maintains records of current and expired license files, and issues reports on pending and approved licenses/approvals.
• Program interface on interpretation of regulatory requirements or company export/import policies and procedures.
• Reviews proposals, contracts, and/or purchase orders and participates in technical programmatic discussions/meetings.
• Participates in strategic business engagement at the program level to ensure business execution, growth and compliance.
• Identifies, develops and completes export related training and communications requirements for program/functional areas.
• Participates in the development and implementation of company and BU policy, procedures, guidelines and instructions to support compliance with US Government export/import regulations and Company policies.
• Participates in and leads special projects, cross-functional business projects and corporate projects to support business objectives.
• Mentors and assists Global Trade Licensing and Compliance personnel in day-to-day export/import activities and assignments.
• Performs as Empowered Official (EO) per the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
• Some travel may be required.
• 6+ years of broad export/import licensing experience and increasing responsibility (licenses, agreements, reclaims, general correspondence requests, compliance, and transactional activities).
• Working knowledge and application of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise.
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
• Ability to think strategically and integrate export licensing requirements with company's international business objectives.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to resolve situations that are ambiguous or incomplete.
• Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, D-Trade, OCR EASE, and Adobe Professional.
• Ability to present recommendations to solve business challenges.
• Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills.
• Previous Empowered Official experience.
• Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to interpret and implement export/import regulations.
• Experience with Exception to National Disclosure Policy (ENDP), Low Observable/ Counter Low Observable (LO/CLO), and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS).
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2012 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Fullerton