|Job Ref:||204703313||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Chalk Farm||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:04|
JOB PURPOSE: |
The 2nd line helpdesk analyst is primary a point of escalation for customer IT support tickets raised by the first line engineers. The 2nd line engineers are expected to resolve these tickets unless a product specialist (3rd line) is required. They also act as overflow for call 1st line handling and may assist 3rd line engineers with projects and site visits.
• Work on assigned support calls and take the majority of them through to resolution; dealing with customer, suppliers and vendors as necessary.
• Keep the customer informed of progress on assigned support calls.
• Answer and log support calls from customers when first line is busy.
• Assist 3rd line engineers on projects as required, either in the office or onsite.
• Participate in the out-of-hours support rota when required and take support calls.
• Assist with the day-to-day pro-active monitoring and response to alerts from our management system.
• Good technical skills but especially adept at resolving problems.
• Strong on customer communication.
• Keen to learn and keep abreast of new business technologies.
• A good collaborator with colleagues.
• Calm and methodical thinker.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The Helpdesk Engineer should be proficient in the following technical areas:
• Microsoft Windows server.
• Microsoft Exchange server.
• Desktop support for Windows, Apple Macs (if possible) in both standalone and within a Microsoft Network environment.
• Show excellent problem solving skills.
• Microsoft SCCM is a plus.
• At least three years of experience in software and hardware troubleshooting on laptops, desktops, servers and networking equipment.
• Candidate must have strong English language skills, who is confident liaising with customers over the telephone and on a face to face basis.
• Exposure to supporting small and medium sized businesses
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Group Personal Pension Plan
• Life Assurance Cover
• Company Sick Pay
• Free Bi-annual Eye Tests and contribution towards glasses
• Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund - Discounted monthly rates
• Childcare Vouchers - Tax efficient way of paying for childcare
• Ride2Work - Tax efficient way of purchasing a bike for travelling to work
• Company Events throughout the Year
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
IT Specialists (ITS) is a trading name of Reynolds and Reynolds and is a nationwide Managed IT Services provider delivering UK-based services to business of all sizes. ITS offers a broad range of IT services including: managed backup and recovery, tailored UK cloud hosting; complete infrastructure implementation; flexible telephony solutions and web creative services to businesses across the country. Extensive resources made available through Reynolds and Reynolds, allow ITS to offer market leading guarantees on response and fix times, giving its customers peace of mind over their IT