|Job Ref:||204703190||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£400 - £500/day||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:40|
Sybase DBA - Leeds - £400 - £500 per day|
Sybase DBA urgently required to be responsible for the implementation and effective and efficient maintenance of related technologies.
In addition, this individual has advanced knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate. The Sybase Database Engineer is responsible for implementation and troubleshooting efforts and aiding in design efforts.
Skills and experience required for the Sybase DBA include:
* Proven experience with database diagnostics and performance management tools like, Db Artisan, proactive DBA and Toad
* Hands-on experience with SQL, T-SQL tuning, and excellent knowledge of Sybase remote procedure calls.
* Proven experience in at least two of the following database technologies: Sybase Replication technologies: Sybase Warm Standby, MSA, table level replication or Sybase Mirror Activator.
* Proven experience with using traces to diagnose and troubleshoot Sybase performance issues.
* Knowledge of Sybase ASE internal architecture.
* Hands-on experience with Sybase ASE and Replication Server performance tuning and knowledge of SQL tuning and optimisation.
* Experience managing Oracle databases including day to day tasks like user creation, process monitoring, privilege management, Oracle Enterprise Manager is a plus.
A prompt turnaround is expected for this with interview slots for later this week. If interested, please send your CV across ASAP