|Job Ref:||204702763||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £90000/annum + Package||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:40|
Java/Scala Software Engineers - Leading Edge Technology Consultancy - UK Wide|
A leading IT Consultancy are looking to hire a large number of Java developers at Junior to Senior level to work on a variety of complex projects across different client sites in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for passionate Java developers at any stage in their career to join a renowned Technology business during an exciting growth period. You could be working on projects across various sectors including the public sector/government, automotive, telecoms and energy. The business can be open to part time working,
You will be able to take advantage of a genuinely innovative culture; the team want to hire people who can bring their own ideas to the table and will be supported and encouraged to further their own knowledge with individual training budgets for all their developers. In contrast to many large companies you will be given freedom to express yourself working in small, agile teams, rather than being encouraged to follow a corporate script.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
- Java (up to and inlcuding Java 8 ideally) enterprise with the likes of MongoDB, NoSQL, Mulesoft, Spring
- The team uses a lot of Opensource technology; Scala and Groovy are particularly widely used so any experience with these languages would be beneficial, but equally a great opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Experience/understanding of high availability applications - you will be working on large scale projects for large businesses which need to be efficient, highly scalable and typically Cloud based
- Distributed systems and an understanding of integration
- Experience in an agile environment and a good awareness of DevOps
- Java engineers with design, architecture and any leadership experience would be of particular interest
This is an excellent opportunity to join an elite team of Java developers who are parachuted into a variety of complex projects. If you like the sound of variety, innovation, training, a chance to work on critical, large scale, highly visible projects and would be keen to work in an evolving, collaborative environment where technology is at the heart of the the business this is the perfect business for you.
Joel Test Score - 11/12
The is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
* Do you use source control? - yes
* Can you make a build in one step? - yes
* Do you make daily builds? - yes
* Do you have a bug database? - yes
* Do you fix bugs before writing new code? - yes
* Do you have an up-to-date schedule? - yes
* Do you have a spec? - yes
* Do programmers have quiet working conditions? - yes
* Do you use the best tools money can buy? - yes
* Do you have testers? - yes
* Do new candidates write code during their interview? - yes
* Do you do hallway usability testing? - no