|Job Ref:||204702196||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Greater London||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
Technical Professional Services Consultant|
Looking for someone who wants to work for an awesome start-up who are...
• Forward thinking
They transport any complex Windows applications or web apps that depend upon older versions of IE, to Windows 10, or any mobile device, via Microsoft Azure. Regardless of device, operating system, browser, app or even where data is stored, when apps are business critical and need to run on the latest platforms, they make it work.
They are proudly working with such customers as GE Healthcare, Advanced Computer Software, CSC Healthcare, T-Plan, Vinci Energies and others. They exist to help their customers succeed and their mission is to make their apps work anywhere.
Client facing Technical Role
• Software Packaging
• Technical troubleshooting and support
• Pre-Sales Demos and Technical Workshops
• Technical Implementations
• Office based role with regular travel and overnight stays
The successful applicant must have:
• 5+ years working in an IT role.
• Great problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box.
• Experience with Infrastructure products\environments (Citrix\Terminal Services\SCCM\AD&GPO\Azure\AppSense\AppV)
• Excellent written and communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
• Excellent technical Diagnosing and Troubleshooting skills along with experience using SysInternals and other troubleshooting tools.
• Previous software packaging experience desirable (AppV\ThinApp)
• The ability to work towards deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
• Experience of working independently at client sites
Additionally, some of their clients require security clearance. It would be a bonus if you already had SC level clearance.
• PMI (private medical cover for you with AXA PPP)
• Critical illness cover (75% of your net base salary up paid out for up to five years, once approved by the insurers - Canada Life, in the event that you are unable to work for an extended period of time. Please note that there is a thirteen week deferred period)
• Death in service benefit (Four times your gross annual salary to be paid out to a person or persons you name, if your death occurs while you are an employee. This does not have to happen at work)
• EmployeeCare by Canada Life - This is for you to have telephone counselling and up to four face to face session per year. No details are disclosed to them as your employer. The only information passed to them is that they will be told how many people - if any used the service. Nothing more
After three months:
• Pension of up to 3% matching via salary sacrifice with Aviva. (Not after probation, as the legislation is that this can only be postponed for three months)
After six months:
• Eligible for Share Options
Annual leave entitlement:
• 20 days plus Public Holidays per annum (rising by 1 day per year for each full year of service, to a maximum of 25 days). 1 day off for your birthday, plus 3 days extra off over Christmas and New Year as they don't like to work between XMAS and New Year
Flexible Working Hours:
• They only work 37.5 hours a week and are flexible on what time you start and finish, for example:
o 8:00am to 4:30pm
o 8:30am to 5pm
o 9:30am to 6pm
Free Food & Drink
• The building they are located in has a canteen that provides fresh coffee, smoothies, breakfast and a wide variety of hot & cold lunches, they operate an unlimited free tab for all their employees
• Every 2 weeks they finish early and go for drinks and a meal, all paid for on the company card
• They have an office full of fresh fruit, nuts, chocolates, ice creams and even beer & spirits for when you have finished working
Training & Personal Development
• They are very flexible on how you choose to learn ranging from in-house training courses to international events - either individually or as part of a team