|Job Ref:||204701039||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£55.00 - £67.00/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
SQL Database Technician -Public Sector|
We are seeking a SQL Database Technician -Public Sector with strong experience of the below requirements. The initial contract for 2 months and you will be working for a Public Sector organisation based in Newport. Occasional out of hours and weekend work may be required.
Hourly Rate: Up to £67 per hour.
The successful candidate must either hold SC clearance or be willing to undergo security vetting in order to obtain the level required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to day incident management of admin issues; Daily housekeeping duties to ensure the general health of Servers and Applications; Support of current installations and implementation of immediate improvements to improve support / stability e.g. patching; Conduct reviews of supplied specifications; Document and store all work in accordance with agreed standards.
* Monitor SQL Server instances and ensure the availability and performance of business databases.
* Implement and release database changes in co-operation with developers and users.
* Provide technical advice on all aspects of SQL Server to management, developers and users.
* Knowledge transfer and training of less experienced DBAs Design and implement SQL Server databases as required.
* Design and implement SSIS data load procedures. SSRS and high availability technologies (AlwaysOn) and clustered SQL environments.
* Design, plan and execute or supervise execution of specialist technical tasks Provide technical advice to all managers and teams within ITS Work with others to set the appropriate level and quality of standards, policies, procedures and processes Document plans, support instructions and other necessary documentation Pro-actively identify and manage problems, incidents, risks and issues
* Experience of Windows 2008/2012 System Administration Experience of running SQL Server in a Virtual Environment Experience of Red-Gate toolset (SQL Backup, SQL Compare etc.)
* Experience of administration of SQL Server 2000 Experience of other Database systems e.g. Oracle, MySQL Desirable Experience of other Database systems e.g. Oracle, MySQL Experience of Windows System Administration
* Experience of running SQL Server in a Virtual Environment Experience of Red-Gate toolset (SQL Backup, SQL Compare etc.) Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) certification OR Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator 2008/2012
Please note the closing date for applications for this role is 3.00pm on the 28th September 2016
If you considering a move from your current role please apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Bhavit Panchmatia on (url removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)