|Job Ref:||204701009||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Biggleswade||Address:||Post Code:||SG18||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + bonus + benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
A Technical Support Engineer with good understanding of networking and Ethernet is required for a well-established transmission business to offer pre- and post-sales technical support.|
This established and highly regarded manufacturer provide transmission solutions in the global security (CCTV) surveillance sectors and have high-profile clients through Europe and the Middle East.
Job Role Summary:
The Technical Support Engineer will be offering technical support to clients and the sales team pre-sales and also supporting post-sales as required. Some client site visits are required so confidence in a customer-facing role is required.
* Put together detailed project designs, generating technical drawings in Visio.
* Liaise with customers to ensure that the proposed solutions meet required specifications.
* Post-sales technical product support / product testing - troubleshooting and fixing via phone, email and on site.
* Travel as required.
* Knowledge of fault finding on Ethernet / IP transmission (switches, injectors, extenders, encoders, converters).
* Experience of SNMP, Wireshark or similar.
* Cisco / CCNA experience would be beneficial
* Experience and understanding of fibre backbones and spanning tree protocols.
* Experience with industrial Ethernet (e.g. Hirschmann, Moxa, Rockwell) would be highly beneficial.
* PC literate with experience of AutoCAD, Visio, MS Word & Excel etc.
* 485 / low speed data understanding highly beneficial.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* £35,000 + company bonus + benefits
* Biggleswade, Bedfordshire