|Job Ref:||204700591||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
Infrastructure & Support Technician, Chilcompton|
Occam is a business that helps its clients communicate with their customers more profitably. We achieve this by integrating and managing customer data on their behalf. Typically, this involves the construction of a single customer view, the implementation of a hosted database and the integration of a software application to access the data and manage campaigns. On top of this we also provide a range of professional services from Architect to analysis and project management.
We have been in business since 1993 and are considered to be one of the 'leading' Marketing Service Providers in the UK, as rated by the independent research conducted by Forrester®.
Occam are looking for an Infrastructure & Support Technician to deliver the IT services to its internal and external customers and continually drive improvements to processes, performance and uptime.
• Delivering multiple work streams in line with Occam processes and procedures to tight deadlines whilst at all times remaining calm under pressure, with a high quality output and the ability to multi task.
• Prioritise own day-to-day workload and escalate issues appropriately (i.e. a self-starter).
• Proactive monitoring, error logging, fault tracking and problem management to ensure optimum infrastructure performance.
• Carrying out periodic system checks (daily, weekly, monthly etc.)
• Upgrades, installs and patching - responding with an appropriate sense of urgency when equipment is faulty.
Skills & Experience
• Security - Experience of working in an ISO27001 and PCI compliant environment
• Microsoft - Windows Server clustering technologies, Active Directory design/ deployment/ management, Exchange Administration/ Management
• Network - Understanding of DNS & TCP/IP and Cisco command sets, Firewall configuration & management
• DR / BCP - Disaster recovery solutions & business continuity planning
• Hardware commissioning, testing & troubleshooting - VMWare vSphere 5 install, configuration, management and optimisation, SAN configuration, management and optimisation
• Experience of working within an ITIL environment is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience. The role may involve occasional travel within the UK. This role may suit a 2nd line support engineer who has some experience of Infrastructure projects and looking for the next step in their career. Get in touch now if you would like some more information