|Job Ref:||204698661||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wokingham||Address:||Post Code:||RG40||Salary:||£20000 - £26000/annum Bonus & Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
£20,000 to £26,000 plus bonus & Benefits|
A great opportunity for an IT Support Engineer (MS Server 2008,2012, Win 7/8/10, AD, DHCP, VMware, SAN, Wireless, Citrix, Apple) to provide1st/ 2nd line IT support to schools as part of a Managed Service with one of the 'UK's Top Employers'*.
RM Education is the leading provider of IT software & services to the Education sector and employs over 1500 staff. Working within RM's Managed Services team in Wokingham, the Support Engineer will be part of a core team delivering a comprehensive IT Managed Service, against SLAs, to schools across the South & Midlands.
In this role the engineer will be predominantly based at one school site but will be occasionally required to travel to attend team meetings and provide additional support at other local sites. The Engineer and the school will benefit from the additional support of a wider regional team as well as RM's award-winning remote technical service desks.
The role is very autonomous with a focus on providing broad 1st/ 2nd line technical problem solving and network management as well as building strong relationships with the school leadership and teaching staff and ensuring contractual compliance against KPI's and SLAs.
This is a varied IT support role in a very rewarding environment. If you're an IT Support Engineer with broad technical and problem solving skills, are a great communicator with a proactive attitude and ultimately get a real buzz out of going the extra mile for customers, this is the role for you.
* 1st /2nd line IT support & implementation experience including MS Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, wired and wireless network infrastructure, HP Switches, VMware, Veeam, Citrix XenDesktop and Apple support ideally within a customer-focused environment
* Strong problem solving abilities.
* Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills
* Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
* Prior school ICT support experience may be useful, but isn't critical.
* Flexible to visit other schools across the region as and when required
Why you should consider this role
* Chance to work in one of the UK's highest profile and prestigious school improvement initiatives for a leading employer (*awarded 'Britain's Top IT Employer' in 2009, 2010 & 2012 and certified as a Top Employer UK category in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016)
* Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT
* Working within the education IT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
* RM offers exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
* The role has a high degree of autonomy and combines broad technical exposure as well as the opportunity to develop client relationship management and operational delivery skills
* 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance Related Bonus Scheme
* Group Personal Pension
* Private Medical Healthcare
* Income Protection
* Life Assurance