|Job Ref:||204698510||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Code:||GL1||Salary:||£15000 - £17000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
Are you dynamic? Ambitious? Have a passion for people? Love to learn? Looking for a career instead of a dead-end job?|
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's largest internet technology companies, within a small team of engineers whose primary focus is exceeding the expectations of our dedicated and virtual server customers.
The role includes carrying out bespoke installations / maintenance work on behalf of our customers, as well as providing general technical support. The role is based within Gloucester in a fun, fast-paced office environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work a 24/7 365 Shift basis
• Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
• Taking ownership of support requests ensuring they are resolved to the customers' satisfaction.
• Up selling a range of our products on a consultative basis.
• Identifying opportunities for the sale of chargeable professional services.
• Fulfilling professional services tasks scheduled by other team members.
• Creating a record of each customer problem and spot trends when applicable.
• Escalation of issues to senior technical teams where appropriate.
• Ensuring customer expectations are managed correctly and that these expectations are met.
• Educating the customer where possible, to reduce their need to contact support.
• Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, hosting technologies and our competitors.
• Management of Windows and/or Linux server operating systems.
• Carrying out bespoke installations and/or maintenance based on customer requirements.
• Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues to the customer's satisfaction.
• Measures of performance include customer satisfaction levels, quality reviews on customer interactions, number of
support requests resolved and average customer handling time.
Skills & Experience required:
• Experience in providing outstanding customer service.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Experience in handling difficult customers.
• Self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a busy, customer centric environment.
• Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux server operating systems.
• An understanding of the internet, its technologies and how it works.
• Desire and ability to learn new skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to "go the extra mile".
• Previous help desk experience.
• Knowledge of the web hosting industry.
• Professional I.T certifications, such as: LPI or MCP.
• Strong knowledge of web hosting technologies.
• Experience using virtualisation software