|Job Ref:||204698302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury St Edmunds||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations be more efficient, effective and sustainable.|
With more than 20,000 people working across 7,000 client sites in the UK into a diverse range of sectors, so it`s not surprising that we`re looking for exceptional people to help us to continue our growth.
We are looking for a keen motivated individual who is looking for a career in IT within a rapidly growing fast paced company.
Our Technology Team is rapidly growing and as such, we foresee opportunities for suitably experienced candidates to grow with us. Suitable candidates will demonstrate drive and ambition, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering results. You should be process-driven, yet people-focused.
The Developer Role has the following Key Result Areas:
- Development: Developing enhancements to existing applications or developing new applications in a controlled and structures manner, managing, supporting or assisting with development work undertaken by approved 3rd party suppliers
- Support: maintaining and supporting applications developed in-house, including managing interfaces, providing incident and problem management support to the Service Desk team, ensuring all events are managed in accordance with IT Department processes and within agreed service levels
- Reports: writing and maintaining reports to meet user requirements and to assist with the support of applications
- Documentation: producing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for all applications developed in-house, including changes, fixes, enhancements, interfaces and reports
- Technical Support: providing technical advice and assistance to other teams within the IT department, assessing technical impact of new technologies and applications
- Experienced in web and Windows application development, database development (schemes, stored procedures, triggers and views), maintenance and support
- Experience in a range of current technologies (e.g. C#.NET, (url removed), Java, HTML, CSS, XML, SQL server, Web Services)
- Good understanding of web technology, web site and web application design/development, building applications for high performance, browser compatibility issues, client-side scripting and security
- Good understanding of IT and its application in the business environment
- Good understanding of development techniques, tools and methodologies
- Awareness/understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Awareness of ITIL
- Good understanding of the MS product site, including use of MS office
- Ability to plan and manage own workload within tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Higher education qualification preferred but not essential
The typical hours of work would be Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 though we require flexibility to meet the needs of the business