|Job Ref:||204697607||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Egham||Address:||Post Code:||TW20||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
Human Resources Advisor|
Job title: Human Resources Advisor Location: Egham
Status: Permanent Effective: immediate
Division: HR Department: Human Resources
1. Role of the Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department provides professional human resource management services to proAV managers and staff. This includes the provision of strategic policy and operational advice in the areas of recruitment, remuneration, performance management, training and development, health and safety, employment relations and industrial relations. The Human Resources Department is also responsible for ProAV payroll function.
2. Purpose of role
The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for providing high quality advice and assistance to managers and staff in the areas of recruitment, remuneration, performance management, training and development, employment relations and industrial relations.
As ProAV has a small Human Resources Department, the Human Resources Advisor must be multi-talented and able to complete a wide variety of tasks. The Human Resource Advisor is required to provide essential back up to other members of the Department and may be called on to provide cover as and when required. A willingness to contribute to the team environment by passing on knowledge and experience and a flexible attitude towards work are essential requirements.
3. Working relationships/reporting lines
The Human Resources Advisor reports directly to the Manager, Human Resources. The Human Resource Advisor will have regular contact with all managers and staff in ProAV and will engage with a number of external people including, but not limited to:
• Union representatives;
• Recruitment Consultants; and
• Human Resource management specialists and service providers, including legal advisors.
4. Key results and tasks
Key results Key tasks
Human Resource Administration
• The Human Resource Department operates in an effective and efficient manner.
• Develops HR reports and providing an analysis of HR information/trends for managers.
• Provides HR staff with direction and training.
• Maintains the HR section of ProAV intranet.
• Maintains a running knowledge of SIMPLY PERSONNEL to be able to run adhoc reports.
• Managers are provided with accurate remuneration information and advice that allows ProAV to attract and retain high quality staff.
• Ensures ProAV annual remuneration review is completed to timetable and agreed standards.
• Ensures that jobs are accurately job sized for evaluation purposes and that managers understand the job evaluation process.
• Provides appropriate remuneration advice to managers.
• Recruitment processes ensure that ProAV attracts high quality staff.
• Develops and maintains effective recruitment toolkits, policies and procedures.
• Ensures advertising meets all legal requirements and accurately describes the position and positively reflects ProAV core values.
• Provides backup support for the Recruitment Officer in the administration of the recruitment process.
• Provides appropriate and effective advice and assistance to managers and team leaders regarding selection processes and recruitment best practice.
• Ensures that employment offers and agreements are accurate and produced within agreed timeframes.
• Employment relations practices comply with legal requirements and are consistent with human resources best practice.
• Contributes to the development of effective termination, dispute resolution and change management policies and procedures.
• Advises and assists managers on any employment relations issues.
• Undertakes exit interviews.
• Provides managers with advice and assistance when dealing with organisational change.
• Handles personal grievance actions by working with relevant managers.
• Seeks appropriate advice on employment relations issues as and when required.
• Performance management practices and processes support and recognise high performance and motivates staff to achieve performance goals.
• Contributes to the development of effective performance management policies and procedures.
• Ensures that any performance management procedures meet legal and human resource best practice.
• Provides advice and assistance to managers to ensure that high performance is recognised; working with managers to recognise and appropriately remedy poor performance.
• Seeks appropriate advice on performance management issues as and when required.
Training and Development
• Training and Development policies and processes ensures that ProAV maximises the capabilities of managers and staff.
• Provides analysis of skill gaps in the provision of any ProAV wide initiatives and programmes. This includes identifying issues and making recommendations for corporate programmes such as management development, health and safety, customer service, communication skills, recruitment skills.
• Assists managers and staff with the analysis of their training needs and developing and sourcing of appropriate, measurable interventions to meet these needs.
• Helps managers develop and effectively maximise the capabilities of their staff.
• Supports managers with their own development strategies.
• Demonstrate continuous improvement in performance /personal development.
• Be open to consultation and seek regular feedback from your manager in line with ProAV performance management system (R&R).
• Identifies opportunities for personal and professional development and growth.
• Complies with Safety and Health legislation and policies