|Job Ref:||204700271||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Salary:||£18000 - £21000/annum 29days hols,pension,life insurance,p||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:07|
1st/2nd Line Technical Support Engineer|
Are you a conscientious and resilient 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer with excellent customer service skills? Do you have recent experience in technical support, able to provide 1st and 2nd support for bespoke software systems? Do you have an aptitude to learn new skills and are you eager to progress in your career?
We are seeking a confident and professional 1st/2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to perform a key role in assisting business customers with software issues. The software is unique so there is plenty to learn. We are looking for someone who will absorb information like a sponge, is able to think on their feet, and has common sense. This is a service desk role that will involve providing support over the phone and via remote access.
You will be offered a basic salary up to £20,000 p.a. depending on experience, which can be slightly negotiable for the right person. You will also get 21 days holiday rising to 25 plus all bank holidays, pension with 2.5% employer contribution, private healthcare, group life assurance, discounted gym membership, refreshments, and a great working environment with team and social events.
* Recent experience working in a customer-focused software support role and/or support desk environment
* Very good level of IT/technical knowledge including Windows operating systems
* Able to fault-find and troubleshoot software/hardware issues
* Able to work with processes and procedures
* Exceptional telephone communication skills and good written ability
* Good academic background (ideally 5 GCSE's C or above)
* Knowledge of PBX and/or VoIP systems desirable
Working Hours: Office based Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm.
Keywords: Technical Support, Software Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk, Software, Remote Support, IT Assistant, Information Technology, Computer Support, VOIP, PBX