|Job Ref:||204700260||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
PHP Developer - £30,000 - £40,000 plus Benefits.
One of the leading providers in website and other web based solutions are currently looking for an experienced PHP Developer based in Cardiff.
My client delivers a high-availability infrastructure, supporting websites and services for large events that attract over 60,000 unique visitors a minute during peak times. They intend to stay in the forefront of technology and are in the process of migrating their infrastructure to cloud-based solutions
They are looking for a great developer to join their talented and experienced development team. You`ll be working on widely used and technically challenging products set within the digital sports industry.
You will also be involved in the development of new products - they welcome innovation and fresh ideas so you will have a chance to shape the future of our technology.
You will also be involved in the development of new products - they welcome innovation and fresh ideas so you will have a chance to shape the future of their technology.
You will need to have strong experience in the following:
- Wordpress (and any other CMS)
Desirable/ Willing to learn
- MVC Frameworks (mainly, but not limited to Zend Framework 1 and 2)
- APIs/Microservices/Service Orientated Architecture
- Amazon Webservices (AWS)
- Queuing systems (RabbitMQ, SQS)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
- Caching (Varnish, CDNs)
- Version control and CI/CD (git, Jenkins, subversion)
- TDD/BDD, using PHPSpec, PHPUnit and Behat
Salary/ Working Hours
- £30,000 - £40,000
- 37.5 hours per week, usually 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend and shift work
- 20 days holidays plus public holidays
- Bonus awarded twice-yearly in May and November
- Pension Scheme: Employer will provide the employee with a monthly contribution after one full year of service. Matching contribution between 2% and 4% of gross salary.
- Lieu days awarded for support days worked at the weekend (on average one weekend day per month)
- Support payments:
- £30 over and above salary and lieu day for each support day worked at the weekend (on average one weekend day per month)
-£30 over and above salary for each weekday late [2pm to 10pm] shift worked (on average one evening per month)
- £25 over and above salary for each out of hours shift worked from home (on average 1 ½ shifts per month)