|Job Ref:||204700203||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stirling||Address:||Post Code:||FK8||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
Avenue 4 Forces have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client's expanding team where you will responsible for the delivery of innovative software solutions as part of the software development team. The Senior Software Engineer will be a highly experienced Java Developer with strong Spring and GWT Skills and be responsible for the full project lifecycle using the most modern and up to date technologies. You will be self-motivated and a team player as well as action-and-results oriented. Well organized, good communication and reporting skills are vital for this role along with the ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.|
The ideal candidate will have a BSc or greater in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field, be very experienced in Java development accompanied with excellent GWT skills preferably with GIN, UI Binding and MVP experience. Agile development methodologies in Kanban, SCRUM, TDD, XP etc are a necessity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop, test and document software according to company SOPs and Guidelines.
* Produce software specifications and requirements based on input from stakeholders.
* Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
* Ability to perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer.
* Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
* Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
* Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems.
* Works collaboratively and professionally with other employees and contractors in cross- functional teams to achieve goals.
* Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers.
* Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
* There can be some pressure to meet deadlines, when extra hours may be required.
* Perform other duties that management deem appropriate
BSc or greater in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field.
* 10+ years Java development experience
* Excellent GWT skills preferably with GIN, UI Binding and MVP experience.
* Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (Including Spring MVC & Spring Security)
* Experience preferably with IntelliJ IDEs or alternatively with Eclipse/STS
* Use of build tools such as Ant, Maven or Gradle, Jenkins/Bamboo
* Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
* Agile Development Methodologies Kanban, SCRUM, TDD, XP etc.
* Testing Frameworks, JUnit, JMock, JBehave, Selenium.
* Experience working in a multi-disciplined distributed team.
* Excellent analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications.
* Strong collaboration and team-working skills.
* Strong focus on quality.
* Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security, JQuery, Angular
* NoSQL databases esp. Mongo
* Working experience in a regulated industry or with systems
* Experienced in development using Web Services (Rest, Soap)
* Experience with GIT
* Linux, OS X