|Job Ref:||204699758||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
Technical Support Analyst - Buy-side|
Broad Content of Role
The Buy-side Production Support Team provides assistance to clients by investigating and resolving problems and by providing information about the application. The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for looking after exact replica Environments that the PSG Consultants use to reproduce and test issues on. The role involves setting up virtual Environments, change management, troubleshooting, liaising with consultants, project managers and development, certifying Environments and working on ad-hoc projects.
The Environments Team have under management some ~1400 virtual machines. We provide the VMs through VMware's Virtual Cloud Director (VCD) and VMware's Lab Manager. We provide a lot of database administration and cyclically restore databases (Oracle/SQL) into our Environments.
* Prior experience of supporting and managing a complex software Environment is essential (preferably gained in a high availability Environment)
* Experience of setting up and managing multiple Virtual Machine Environments is essential
* Systems Administrator level of knowledge in managing and working with Windows Server 2003/8 and Windows XP is essential as is the ability to diagnose and resolve configuration and performance problems
* Candidates with experience or certification (VCP) in VMware's Datacentre Platform products vSphere, vCenter, vCD and Lab Manager will be given priority consideration
* Experience of Change Management and ensuring that accurate records are maintained
* Highly self motivated individual with an eye for detail is essential in this role
* A proven track record in supporting a significant business application
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Excellent trouble shooting skills
* Excellent documentation skills
* Ability to prioritise issues and adapt to an ever changing workload
* Administrative experience of database's such as MS SQL Server and Oracle is desirable
* Experience in the asset management sector; trading, compliance or regulatory industry is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintain all copies of client project Environments at Fidessa Buy-side. This will include maintenance and support of these Environments for both servers and clients
* Ensure that both project Environments reach an internal availability goal of 99% uptime
* Maintain accurate up to date records regarding these Environments at all times
* Troubleshooting Environments for consultants
* Set up new Environments for any new clients prior to initial handover of installations to the Production Support Group.
* Introducing these Environments to the Production Support change control procedures
* Ensure all Production Support personnel and PSG key personnel are aware of all new Environments
Environment Change Management
* Ensure that patches are delivered in a timely manner to clients and that accurate records are maintained for client patches released.
* Ensure that regular client Environment changes (via consultants) are replicated at Fidessa Buy-side (i.e. obtaining monthly databases changes / configuration changes) and maintaining accurate records of these changes
* Ensure that all patches released from development are deployed to the patched Environment as soon as possible keeping the service desk fully informed of changes and tests to be carried out once patches have been deployed