|Job Ref:||204699745||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Whiteley||Address:||Post Code:||PO15||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Desktop Support Engineer.|
Based in Whiteley, the successful candidate will provides technical, operations, and training support to users of the company's personal computers either by telephone or on-site, relative to desktop hardware and software packages. In addition, you will be required to perform hardware diagnostics and coordinate repairs, assist in planning and designing personal computer support systems and act as liaison for data transfer systems design and implementation.
Education & Experience:
• Ability to demonstrate a customer first mentality.
• In depth knowledge and experience of various Microsoft operating systems is essential.
• Detailed knowledge of supporting the Microsoft Office suite.
• Self-starter with willingness to learn from colleagues.
• Experience of basic Active Directory administration.
• Understanding of networking principles such as DHCP, DNS and network connectivity troubleshooting.
• Proven troubleshooting skills via phone, chat or remote desktop.
• Proven Apple iOS support knowledge.
• Must be a good team player and able to use own initiative.
• Must have good problem determination and communication skills.
• Previous technical support experience.
• A clean driving license and willingness to travel.
Candidates should ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance prior to applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below