|Job Ref:||204699709||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£500/day||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
Infrastructure Technical Consultant|
Location: West Midlands
Length: 6 Months+
Rate: £500 per day
Our big multi-channel retail client is looking for an Infrastructure Technical Consultant to work within their Technical Services function in order to support PCI accreditation, peak trading and ultimately transformation of an aging infrastructure.
The key requirements for this role are Retail and PCI based experience and the ability to quickly understand and provide support for technical infrastructure solutions across an enterprise global network.
* Required to facilitate knowledge transfer to mitigate risk of leaver - will need to quickly understand the current infrastructure in order to ensure continuous support over peak trading period.
* Required to act as technical specialist on in flight PCI Compliance project to ensure network and security tools are fully implemented and processes are in place to support.
* Required to act as technical specialist throughout PCI assessment, working with the internal team and QSA to ensure compliance is achieved.
* Required to support senior management team on Infrastructure decisions, inputting technical expertise
* Will lead internal and external LAN/WAN network and servers, network security, telecommunications development and implementation projects. Provides technical expertise in implementation and support of these technologies.
* Acts in a consultant capacity with departments assessing technology needs. Identifies, recommends and implements automation technologies within departments.
* Maintains a current working knowledge of advanced LAN/WAN network and servers, including NAS / SAN Storage, and management of SQL servers.
* Provides analysis and recommendations in department software, equipment, and maintenance purchase decisions relative to LAN/WAN network, servers and peripherals, network security, and e-mail environments and the applications they support.
* Serves as the primary interface with LAN/WAN hardware, software, maintenance and services vendors.
* At least 5 years of hands on Technical experience as a specialist, managing Infrastructure teams, preferably internationally.
* Good understanding of IT Security principles and best practices
* PCI experience in a retail environment and experience of assessment for PCI accreditation.
* In depth working experience of troubleshooting Windows and Unix/Linux servers, Cisco routers and switches, Juniper firewalls, and fault-tolerant redundant environments, configuration, troubleshooting and hardware maintenance.
* Working experience of IBM/ HP UX servers, Blade & SAN technologies.
* Cisco / Microsoft / VMWARE accreditations.
* Experience working in the Retail sector.
* Knowledge of ISO27001:2013 standards and frameworks
* Strong experience within IT Service Management (ITIL or Similar)
* Latest business continuity standards
* Confident self-starter with good communication skills
* Ability to pick up and assess information quickly and translate into effective plans.
Infrastructure Technical Consultant
PCI, IT Security, Retail, Firewalls, Infrastructure