|Job Ref:||204699317||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
Software Developer |
Primarily home-based, although occasional travel or working in Coventry will be expected.
40hrs per week - Monday to Sunday, between 9am and 10pm
Salary - Negotiable depending on experience
ByBox is leading the way in box-based logistics. Electronic box networks are doing to distribution what ATM's did to retail banking: Increased service, reduced cost. ByBox uses its World-beating electronic box technology as a platform for the most sophisticated field service solution in the UK. ByBox is also the only UK supplier of box-based consumer solutions to the global postal market. As one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, ByBox boasts an impressive software development team. Their current suite of client and web-based applications cover:
* Transport job management
* Order management
* Warehouse management
* Label and barcode generation
* Administrative services
* Depot management
* Customer integration
* 3rd party APIs
* Mobile device applications
* 3rd party postal service applications
* Consumer focussed websites
* Electronic locker interfaces
* ...and much more
Your duties will include:
* Design, build, test, implement and maintain software in close cooperation with a team of first class developers.
* Manage timescales to deliver work according to own estimates.
* Focus on quality of design and implementation to reduce maintenance overhead.
* Work with colleagues and clients where required as part of project teams implementing new software.
* Work with other support functions where required as part of maintenance and support of software.
As an outstanding software developer, you will:
* Possess outstanding software development skills.
* Be disciplined and reliable, trusted to work from home largely unsupervised.
* Be a clear and confident communicator; able to interact effectively with a distributed team of other technical experts.
* Demonstrate a passion for software development, with a desire to develop your own technical skills both in an out of work.
* Have a keen sense of innovation, with valuable suggestions of new ideas, ways of working and technologies.
* Enjoy working with a disciplined team of talented developers
* Strive to achieve the very highest quality of software development.
Essential qualifications and experience:
* Minimum 4 years' experience as a professional software developer.
* Strong software development skills using the following technologies:
* Visual Studio
* C# (web and desktop)
* SQL Server
* Experience of the full software development lifecycle.
* Practical experience of unit testing.
* Practical experience of using design patterns.
* Use of version control systems with multiple developers.
* Full UK driving license.
* Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
* Experience in the logistics industry.
* Experience working with an agile software development methodology.
* Software development skills using Enterprise Service Bus and message queuing technologies.
* Practical understanding of Test-Driven Development / Behavior-Driven Development.
* Previous exposure to Castle Windsor IoC.
* Previous exposure to (url removed) MVC.
* Practical experience in Web API.
* Please apply in writing to the Recruitment Department including a covering letter and up to date CV