|Job Ref:||204699112||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Meriden||Address:||Post Code:||CV7||Salary:||£16000 - £18000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:07|
I am currently recruiting for a Service Desk Analyst responsible for assisting the customer in the daily use of all computer hardware and related software packages and telecommunications. You will be acting as first level support dealing with any problems that arise and answering any questions the customers |
may have. If unable to resolve issues delegate through to second level support and to open and close incidents in the Support Desk software package.
The Service desk analyst's key accountabilities:
- To liaise with 3rd line business partners in support of the above.
- To liaise with both software and hardware technicians to resolve issues.
- To be aware of Service Level Agreements and act accordingly.
- Collaborating with others (2nd Line support) to exchange information and ideas in order to resolve problems and provide an expert resource within the Service Desk environment.
- Being capable of diagnosing and solving a variety of problems in software packages.
- Demonstrating an understanding the policies and values at both location and department level.
- Having the ability to cope with foreseeable but unavoidable stressful situations, strong and consistent criticism experienced at regular intervals within the Service Desk environment.
- Maintaining the Support Desk database (problems etc.), assets and personnel contacts.
The Service Desk Analyst will ideally express:
- Knowledge of ITIL would be an advantage
- An ability to build and develop a broad range of personal contacts for the exchange of information and ideas, in order to be able to assist customers with problems and queries they may have with software packages.
- Persistence in dealing with difficult tasks over a period of time and showing perseverance in reaching an objective despite obstacles.
- The ability to maintain effective work performance, remaining calm and self- controlled when under pressure.
- Flexible thinking style to problem solving and looking beyond symptoms to identify root causes.
- Good communication skills, asking questions to clarify understanding, listening attentively to users and pass information accurately and effectively.
If you have worked in a busy environment and want a role with progression, please apply