|Job Ref:||204698928||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:43|
My client is a leading software and mobile development company based in the heart of Oxford. They have a number of highly successful products which they sell into the Public Sector. These products help Local Authorities to manage their contracts, commissioning, finance and quality monitoring. |
My client's Local Government Product team are looking for a junior windows application, mobile and website tester with a desire to gain experience of testing software. The successful candidate will need to be capable of picking up domain knowledge in a complex and finance related business area.
The Junior Tester will work alongside the development and support teams, maintaining and improving their QA framework. You will be expected to support other team members in the production of the test specification, test scripts and data.
This is a superb opportunity for an analytical, mathematically minded person to receive training and development.
* Degree in scientific subject or 2 years IT industry experience.
* Knowledge of testing best practices and development methodologies.
* Experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
* Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
* Well organised and able to work independently.
* Writing automated regression test scripts in TestComplete (or similar).
* Experience with bug/task tracking systems such as JIRA.
* Mobile app testing.
* Knowledge of social care and/or finance.
* Creation and development of test scripts and cases.
* Communicating findings to development and product teams.
* Working towards ISTQB Certification.
* Working under the direction of senior testers.
* Managing software defect tracking, reporting and resolution, using a bug tracking system.
* Looking for ways to automate and continually improve the approach taken to testing.
This is an exciting and complex role and the successful candidate will be provided with ample opportunity to gain skills and experience as a software tester.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation