|Job Ref:||204698820||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Corsham||Address:||Post Code:||SN13||Salary:||£NEG Competitive||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:54|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Support individual to join a successful and unique company in Corsham.|
The company employs a largely outsource IT model and are looking to compliment the internal IT team with the role of IT Support.
The successful candidate will be the key internal, day to day support resource for business users and will use their experience in first to third line roles to assist users directly or to oversee the smooth provision of our outsource support.
The IT Support role will report directly to the IT manager and alongside day to day support will be a key resource in the successful delivery of strategic IT projects.
The role will include gaining a thorough understanding of the companies line of business applications, and using this knowledge not only to directly support individuals but also to help grow self sufficiency amongst the user base.
The right candidate will have a passion for quality IT provision and will be willing to go the extra mile to ensure a job is complete to a high standard and the user is left with a positive feeling about their experience with the IT team.
The ability to identify weaknesses in processes and systems, and to work creatively and collaboratively to overcome these will form an important aspect of the role.
- Feed into IT strategy observations from end user experience, and to reinforce strategic aims to those users through day to day activities.
- Be a key asset in the delivery of IT projects, gaining at the least a thorough understanding of how the technology works and how it is best supported.
- Support collaborative working by engaging with users, helping them to understand IT, and working with them to improve the aspects of IT that they interact with daily.
- Deliver first class end user support, ensuring that end users feel engaged and supported and giving them the ability and confidence to aid in their own support in the future.
- Ensure high quality application support can be provided by understanding the use of applications within various parts of the business and being a lead application champion.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to deliver best possible service to end users whilst taking an active participation in day to day supplier management and feeding into supplier review
- Action and refinement of monitoring events to ensure ongoing effectiveness of monitoring solutions.
- Be accessible and approachable to everyone within the business with a tolerant ability to listen and understand aspects of technology or process that present challenges and to embrace re-assessment of and improvement of these.
- Experience working with outsource service providers including day to day responsibility for supplier performance and ensuring SLAs are met.
- Experience working hands-on with insource technology.
- A great understanding of key Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, IIS, SQL Server
- Expertise in day to day management of an email domain including appropriate use of domains, aliases, shared mailboxes, security and distribution groups.
- Experience of Office365 technologies.
- Experience of Email technology implementation or migration.
- Experience of Web (IIS) and Database (SQL Server) server configuration, health monitoring and support.
Experience of monitoring technologies such as perfmon, snmp, wmi.
- Experience in supporting business applications and their day to day use including ability to understand process and troubleshoot.
- Experience in being a software champion including coaching and empowering users to be more self sufficient.
- A thorough understanding of wireless technologies and the ability to configure and maintain robust networks.
- Experience configuring wired and wireless networks using centralised management systems. - Thorough understanding of, and experience in ensuring information security standards are implemented and maintained.
- Understanding or experience of information security standards such as ISO27001 or PCI-DSS - Significant experience in using ticketing software to ensure incidents are effectively logged, triaged, categorised and disposed of, either through remedy or proportionate escalation, in line with SLA agreements
- Experience of coordinating internal ticketing software with outsource ticketing software to facilitate collaborative performance reporting.
- Experience of being the key resource in project work, and managing the balance of this work alongside day to day support.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service with customers both internal and external. Experience in retrieving, interrogating and interpreting data to support the business.
- Experience in the procurement of IT Software and Services.
Working days: Monday to Friday
Hours of Work: 08.30am- 17.00pm
In return the company offers a fantastic benefits package which can be discussed when shortlisted
Only apply if you have transport, due to location, and have good IT relevant skills to the job specification