|Job Ref:||204703269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£32000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:14|
We are looking for an experienced Fire Commissioning Engineer to join the team. Covering the South Region you will need to work collaboratively within a team of Commissioning Engineers to commission a variety or medium to large fire systems, typically of (Apply online only) points.|
What are my responsibilities?
* Liaise with and take direction from the Project Manager and Commissioning Manager to ascertain the Commissioning requirement/strategy for the project, in accordance with the technical specification.
* Conduct factory acceptance testing / off site demonstrations to client and provide operator training based on the systems implemented.
* Work within project time constraints, identifying and communicating without delay any potential risks to the program delivery dates or technical solutions offered
* Direct and monitor electrical installers to support the Project Management team
* Document commissioning tests, utilise and modify project documentation e.g. project plans, cause and effects, general wiring diagrams to a consistently high level throughout the life of a project for inclusion in project O&M manuals or handover documentation to Service Department
* Conform to all site processes and procedures/RAMS etc
* Commissioning of systems. Including witness testing and demonstration *
* Updating and maintaining system software/ graphics.
* Carrying out Fault finding / diagnostics / client reporting
* Advising and assisting with systems designs / establish C&E / conduct site surveys
* Maintain a log of any software and hardware defects and report back to the Project/Commissioning Manager.
* Be aware of and comply with the commissioning strategy and methodology.
* To understand and be an integral part of commissioning process with third party subcontractors.
* Take responsibility for proving/testing system/software configuration activities and cause & effect functionality.
* Be aware of programme for commissioning activities against milestones.
* Undertake any relevant training as arranged by the Commissioning Manager.
* Ensure all relevant H&S requirements are complied with in accordance with current legislation and the procedures specified within the contract.
* Ensure compliance with the site Quality Procedures.
* Be responsible for Health & Safety, ensuring Site conditions are Safe and personnel/sub contractors are working in a safe manner in accordance to RAMs.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Good understanding of large scale Fire Alarm, Voice Alarm, Graphics, Disabled Refuge ASD & Extinguishing systems
* Good understanding and knowledge of current and past BS5839-1:2013 - BS6266:2011, HTM 05-03 standards
General Experience/Qualifications Required
* Experience of working within commissioning teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, suppliers and customers.
* Good team-worker, able to collaborate within a diverse team.
* Knowledge of IP networking relevant to Fire Systems
* One of the following:
* City and Guilds in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
* ONC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
* IEE Regulations 17th Edition (preferable)
* CSCS Card or equivalent